Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Help!

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 4th September 2008, 07:52 PM
Friend

Default Help

This is for those how do I do that, or where can I find, sort of questions? So don't be ask.
Old 2nd January 2009, 11:15 PM
Friend

I'm a one finger typist, by the time I reply I find that I can't post my answer. I refresh and log on again but my reply is now lost.

HELP
Old 2nd January 2009, 11:29 PM
Friend

Try typing your reply in something like Notepad or Word then copy and paste it to the reply to thread Vincent , But I'm unsure as to why you can't reply ? I'm not exactly the worlds fastest typist myself and I've never had a problem ?

Paul
Old 3rd January 2009, 02:01 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
I'm a one finger typist, by the time I reply I find that I can't post my answer. I refresh and log on again but my reply is now lost.

HELP
There are a couple of possible reasons for this. Either you have not ticked the "Remember Me?" box when you log in or there is a problem with your browser cookies.

Not ticking the Remember Me box means the site will log you out automatically after 10 or 15 minutes (I forget which) of inaction. Writing a message counts as inaction as far as the site is concerned as there is no data traffic between your PC and the site while you are typing - only when you hit the Preview Changes or Post buttons is what you have been typing sent to the site.

If you already do that and it still logs you out then try clearing the cookies from your browser. (In I.E.7 : Tools menu > Internet Options > General tab > Browsing history Delete... button > Delete Cookies... button > Yes).
Old 3rd January 2009, 05:11 PM
Friend

Thanks Paul & Bob , I don't usually tick the "Remember Me" box but I will do so from now on.

Cheers
vincent
Old 5th January 2009, 04:06 PM
Friend

When making a post, how do you link to another site using "HERE" for example.
Old 5th January 2009, 04:19 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bartram View Post
When making a post, how do you link to another site using "HERE" for example.
You highlight "Here" then click on the blue world icon above with the chain link, and enter the URL address that you want to link to and click OK.
Old 5th January 2009, 05:02 PM
Friend

Thanks Dave
Old 26th May 2009, 11:37 PM
Friend

Hi I have another unable to access problem, it has happened a couple of times, when I tried to look at some of the random photographs along the bottom of the page I get the error below

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I could access all photos except one particular member, its happened a couple of times with different members photographs, the only one I remember is a photograph by Geoff Mitchell (I think it was mitchell)

Neil
Old 27th May 2009, 12:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Smith View Post
Hi I have another unable to access problem, it has happened a couple of times, when I tried to look at some of the random photographs along the bottom of the page I get the error below

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I could access all photos except one particular member, its happened a couple of times with different members photographs, the only one I remember is a photograph by Geoff Mitchell (I think it was mitchell)

Neil
We changed things so only people who have made five or more posts can use the Albums and Gallery systems but the change has left some glitches in it's wake... In this case, it seems that not only can no one with less than five posts use the Albums but the pictures they already uploaded before the quota was instigated are not accessible, even though the thumbnails are displayed by the system.

It is late now and my brain is not working at its usual 30% efficiency so I will sort out what to do in the morning...
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies