Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Reviews > Equipment

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 14th February 2021, 10:10 PM
Friend

Default Camera shop in the Netherlands

I came across this site when looking for somewhere to stay later in the year.

https://fotohandeldelfshaven.nl/en/

They have a very good and clear website with a load of film cameras, lenses of most models especially Nikon and Canon. There are some AF bits as well but gems like the 18mm F3.5 Nikkor. I have not seen one of those advertised for years. They do not appear to have any Digital equipment for sale!

Or a 20mm F2.8 Minolta MD. There are plenty in Japan but very few in the west. At 300Euro they are competitively priced too.

The site is well worth a look and it is all in good English with photographs. There are some tempting items that would interest me. There seems to be a shortage of good Med format kit like here and what there is may be a bit on the pricey side, even when converted to UK pounds

They also have an extensive list of Foma film at what seem good prices when converted to Sterling but you would have to factor in carriage and possible import duty. For instance 10x Foma 100 36exp at 30 Euros which equals about £2.65 each at todays conversion rate Then Foma 100 in 120 size at 32Euros for 10 which equals about £27.84i

Last edited by John King; 14th February 2021 at 10:31 PM.
Old 14th February 2021, 11:17 PM
Friend

They're also on eba* and have an outlet in Poland.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/Fotohandel-Delfshaven-Outlet

I've never done business with them, myself.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 15th February 2021, 08:00 AM
Friend

Funny story - I'd been following that site for a while - window shopping only - nice stuff but expensive for me here in Canada.

Then in 2017 we got a chance to visit our son who had just transferred to the Netherlands. He took us on a day trip to Delft and told me about a camera shop he'd found. Wouldn't you know it, it was this one - tucked away just off the canal. Smaller than I'd envisioned but every bit as interesting and full of great stuff - couple of big studio cameras set up too. They knew I wasn't looking to buy but they were fine with that still took the trouble to spend some time with me.
Old 15th February 2021, 09:59 AM
Friend

I had a look at the address on Google using the 'streetview. This a small unassuming address in Delft with no name over the shop. It was them obviously because of the cameras displayed in the window. There was at least one Hasselblad and a wooden large format camera.

If I manage to get over to Europe later this year I will make a point of calling in, because they are literally located 300 yards from my sons address. I may buy some film if nothing else. (I could be tempted otherwise though, cos the boss won't be with me!)
Old 15th February 2021, 12:02 PM
Print Exchange Manager

Thanks for posting. What a feast for the eyes. Never been to Delft - an incentive to go, perhaps, if/when normality returns

As you say - a well set out website; spent a happy morning feasting the eye.

Thanks, Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies