Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Ask Les

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 14th December 2010, 07:50 PM
New User

Question Found Film: Selochrome

Hi there,
so my friend recently found a roll of exposed 'Ilford Panchromatic Selochrome' inside an old family camera and I was wondering on recommendations for the development of it for the best results? As obviously it will be quite interesting to see what's on it. The best I have so far is 18 minutes in ID-11 at 1+3, or 7 minutes in ID-11 stock (this is not preferred as I only have 1L left...), any thoughts on that? The developers I have available are ID-11, FX39 and Neofin Blue... Also, would a pre-soak (by submerging the wound-up roll in water, not loading on to the reel and soaking) be useful? I thought it might prevent the emulsion from cracking too much when I load it onto the reel...

All help appreciated!

P.S Hi I'm new to these forums!

***   Please note: this is the ASK LES forum   ***
***   Only Les McLean and the original poster may post in this thread   ***
***   Anyone else posting into this thread will have their post deleted   ***

Old 16th December 2010, 09:16 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMcNally View Post
Hi there,
so my friend recently found a roll of exposed 'Ilford Panchromatic Selochrome' inside an old family camera and I was wondering on recommendations for the development of it for the best results? As obviously it will be quite interesting to see what's on it. The best I have so far is 18 minutes in ID-11 at 1+3, or 7 minutes in ID-11 stock (this is not preferred as I only have 1L left...), any thoughts on that? The developers I have available are ID-11, FX39 and Neofin Blue... Also, would a pre-soak (by submerging the wound-up roll in water, not loading on to the reel and soaking) be useful? I thought it might prevent the emulsion from cracking too much when I load it onto the reel...

All help appreciated!

P.S Hi I'm new to these forums!
I think that the times and method you show here in your post are sound and logical. I think the best advice that I can offer is to email Sue Evans who runs the Technical Services Dept at Ilford. Sue is very helpful and will give you good advice as to how to deal with this film especially the likelyhood of it being brittle and having a lot of curl due to being wound tight in a camera for so long. Ilford will still have records of this film in their archive. Sue's email address is sue.evans@harmantechnology.com

Please let us know how the film looks when it is finally developed.

Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

***   Please note: this is the ASK LES forum   ***
***   Only Les McLean and the original poster may post in this thread   ***
***   Anyone else posting into this thread will have their post deleted   ***