Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Articles > Articles

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Comment

Article Tools Search this Article Display Modes
Report on Spring Meeting - 2010 - Dorset - With Images
Report on Spring Meeting - 2010 - Dorset - With Images
Published by B&W Neil
10th May 2010
Default Report on Spring Meeting - 2010 - Dorset - With Images

FADU 2010 Spring Meeting News Round Up

The attached PDF file contains a full news report, with several images, from our recent meeting in Dorset. Even if you missed this one do have a look at the PDF to see what we get up to and the fun you have been missing!

Neil

Draft 8.pdf

Neil Souch
Article Tools

By Mike O'Pray on 10th May 2010, 06:21 PM

Nice report. All things considered and looking at the weather this week, I think you did very well weather-wise.

Just as well I didn't come. I'd have brought disgrace to FADU by being stopped by police trying to load Bob's chair onto the roofrack. In his defence in court he said: "It just looked so comfortable m'lud"

Mike
By Richard Gould on 10th May 2010, 08:13 PM

Sounds as if you had a lot of fun,I would have loved to be there but it's that very expensive bit of sea again,Richard
By StanW on 10th May 2010, 09:18 PM

You lucky lucky folk.
By Rob Archer on 11th May 2010, 05:51 PM

An excellent report of a great weekend. Glad I was able to make it

Looking forward to next year!

Rob
By Keith Tapscott. on 12th May 2010, 07:07 PM

I enjoyed meeting some of the FADU members and seeing the excellent prints by Rob, Neil and Tony. The Hotel was a bit noisy during the night though.
By Jon Butler on 13th May 2010, 11:42 AM

Thanks for the excellent report Neil,
Despite of sleeping in a cupboard, being keep up all night by lunatics, being served at table by Basil Fawlty understudies and being abandoned at Portland Bill, it was a really great weekend.
Thanks to those who organised it.
Anybody that didn't go should think about going on next years as it really was a great laugh and very enjoyable. I'm already looking forward to next years spring meeting, hope to see you there.
Thanks JON.
By B&W Neil on 13th May 2010, 12:58 PM

Glad you enjoyed yourself Jon - we always try to please See you next year but we may not be able to get Basil again

Neil.
By Bob on 13th May 2010, 01:02 PM

Odd - could have sworn I already posted. Ho hum.

Yes, thanks for the report Neil - it's all coming back to me now: the doctor says I won't need to take the pills for much longer...

As someone who requires a small cannon fired in the bedroom to awaken, I had peaceful nights in the hotel and thought the staff were at least attentive, if not terribly efficient. Much use seemed to have been made of the microwave in the kitchen tho...

Hope to see all or you (and more) at the next meeting ...
By vincent on 14th May 2010, 01:13 PM

The photo from Jon featured in your report is the one the I recieved in Round 18 except this it is toned and the outside scene is handcoloured.
Comment
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search