Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 12th February 2021, 09:18 PM
Friend

it would be great if you could jump through the picture and be there when the photo was taken <like a time portal ,I'm thinking red dwarf .
Old 13th February 2021, 10:57 AM
Print Exchange Manager

Thanks for posting.

I got quite excited when I looked at the article. My paternal grandfather and grandmother lived in Zurich before the war and I know my father would have visited them then and is quite likely to have driven in the mountains. I do not think he would have used a Leica (it would have been an early model) at that time although I have 35mm negatives of his from before the war.

In the 50's we lived in Zurich (I was born there) and my father had a Leica IIIf and Leica cassettes (now in my possession). I do however, remember he had a convertible Jaguar car but he may have had friends with an old BMW as he certainly used to climb and ski with someone who apparently was a bit of a petrol head and was later killed with his wife in a RTA in Spain.

However, I don't recognise any of the people pictured and none of the women pictured are of my mother. Perhaps I need to do some more research: there is likely to be a picture of my father's mountaineering companion (and possibly family) among the negatives I inherited, I remember them from that time.

Mike

Last edited by MikeHeller; 13th February 2021 at 11:03 AM.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies