Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Colour Work > Colour film

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 31st October 2014, 08:50 PM
Friend

I use CCimaging, they're in Leeds so perfect for drop off and pickup for me, never tried anywhere else so I dunno about their shipping/turnaround stats, never failed me though in...oooo....must be well over a hundred rolls of 120.
Old 1st November 2014, 08:02 PM
Friend

You can' tog wrong with Peak Imaging.
Old 1st November 2014, 09:25 PM
Friend

I have used AG Photolab. They are much cheaper than most of the others (eg. 120 E6 process and high res scan is under £13.00 compared to around £30 for a similar resolution from Peak).

However in my experience they are slow (don't expect your films back in less than 2 weeks and be prepared to phone to chase up) and I usually find dirt marks on the scans - which are usually easy to remove. That said, the scans are high quality - nearly as good as a drum scan and I can vouch for this having had a transparency scanned both by AG and a drum scanner and compared the two side by side.

So if, like me you're not in a rush and don't want to pay silly money for a scan, why not consider AG Photolab http://www.ag-photolab.co.uk
Old 1st November 2014, 09:37 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnX View Post
I use CCimaging, they're in Leeds so perfect for drop off and pickup for me, never tried anywhere else so I dunno about their shipping/turnaround stats, never failed me though in...oooo....must be well over a hundred rolls of 120.
I used CC Processing (as they were called then) in the 1970s, on the recommendation of the lecturer who taught me photography at Leeds Polytechnic, for Agfachrome 50S which gave a very faithful colour record for my artwork. Good to see they're still around.
Old 2nd November 2014, 12:06 AM
Friend

+1 for Peak Imaging...

richard
Old 27th November 2014, 01:10 PM
Friend

For anyone in ESSEX: www.johnsalimphotographic.co.uk
You can deliver and collect from his home in Southend-on-Sea and there is NO VAT !
Old 27th November 2014, 02:55 PM
Moderator & Keeper of the Calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentaxpete View Post
For anyone in ESSEX: www.johnsalimphotographic.co.uk
You can deliver and collect from his home in Southend-on-Sea and there is NO VAT !
Hi Pete, Do you really mean no VAT or just that it is not additional to the prices quoted? Having checked some of the other labs mentioned above their prices include VAT as I suspect does this one.

Bill

Last edited by Bill; 27th November 2014 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Extra content
Old 27th November 2014, 03:52 PM
Friend

you only have to charge VAT if you reach the threshold of turnover which requires it. That currently stands at £81,000 so a small business doing a bit of dev on the side doesn't necessarily have to charge VAT. They can if they want but as long business turnover is less than £81,000 they don't have to.

quick check on google maps and it looks like a domestic address so perhaps just a hobbyist or retiree businesss. Mind you, chcucking E6 chemicals down the drain is not allowed especially if its a business and disposal of that stuff is expensive which pushes turnover up.
Old 27th December 2015, 10:39 AM
Friend

I run a drum scanning service and have developed films from people all over the UK that have been processed in most labs. There are very few labs that don't have problems from bromide drag (halos around dark or light areas), drying marks, scratches, colour intensity issues etc. The only lab I've known that consistently produces good results are AG Photographic. They have a Fuji minilab that is maintained by an expert who has run one since they came out and is very fastidious. I've helped a few photographers 'find' AG and they have all said that it's a real relief to find a lab where you don't have to cross your fingers before getting your film back (and I've tried many in this list - some of which approach 'very good' but none are really satisfactory). p.s. I develop my own film which gets better results than most of these labs - one shot chemistry is one of the best solutions as many labs can't manage replenishment on a consistent basis.
Old 17th April 2017, 07:12 PM
Friend

Hi,

About to send 5 120 Provia rolls off for processing, probably to AG Photographic. Any updates as the last post here was 2015. Also found this new service.

http://e6processing.co.uk

Anyone tried them?
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies