Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Monochrome Work > Monochrome Film

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 10th March 2016, 02:03 PM
Friend

@ pentaxpete: thanks, I'll keep it in mind.
@ JoReynolds: I remember being warned that copying would enhance contrast (this was over fourty years ago). That has indeed been my experience. Your post must contain the explanation for this fenomenon, but I can't grasp it intuitively. To be precise, I don't truely understand why copying doesn't make the image drift away from head and shoulder, towards midgrey, which is the opposite of what actually happens.
Anyway, I have made some negs out of slides and scanned them to get an impression what I would wind up with. I will add them to this post, or send another, if I find out how. "Shoot both" seems sound advice though.
Old 27th March 2016, 03:38 PM
Friend

Bert, I am late to this thread, excuses.

The standard procedure for what you want to do is making contact prints from your negatives into Kodak 5302 Fine Grain Positive Release Film. This film is intended for producing positive copies (final releases) of 35mm movie film, from the original negatives. It develops like paper (same emulsion), i.e. with Dektol or similar.
Old 27th March 2016, 05:21 PM
Friend

I have had a look at some T Max films and compared them to other types. They seem pretty clear to me.
Old 28th March 2016, 10:49 AM
Friend

@ JulioF: I hadn't heard of this. That way one might even put a Leica Eldia to good use. Another avenue to explore!
Old 18th April 2016, 09:51 AM
Friend

I remember Adox CHS 100 II (120) was sold out very quickly. According to Fotoimpex (Adox's own shopping site), it is expected to be back on 30 May, 2016.

Somewhat related, there is a detailed article "A Black&White Reversal Process" by Jens Osbahron that discusses reversal process without taking the film out for 2nd light exposure - i.e., he uses chemical exposure. Google will give the PDF link.

I haven't done reversal process yet, but I've used Retro 80s at least 50 feet. The contrast builds up quite rapidly in develop. So I'd avoid it if I'm on a tight schedule. But if you want to have some fun time it is a perfect candidate. IIRC, the aforementioned article deals in great details on FP4 for reversal process.

Bests,
Ashfaque

Last edited by ashfaque; 18th April 2016 at 09:54 AM.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies