Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > News and Announcements

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 7th February 2017, 01:22 PM
Friend

Default Adox expand

http://www.adox.de/Photo/new-factory...w-near-berlin/
Old 7th February 2017, 04:07 PM
Friend

Default Adox Film

That brings me back to the days just as I started out in photography when Adox was readily available over the counter. It was locvely stuff but had a tendancy for the emulsion to be damaged if the rinsing water was a lot cooler than the processing chemicals.

Adox KB20 (20 ASA in those days now 20 ISO) I think it was called, developed in Beutler for 8-9 mins gave loads of detail and not a too contrasty negative. You could enlarge up as big as you wanted before the grain began to get intrusive. there was a KB40 and a KB100, but neither was as good as the KB20
Old 7th February 2017, 05:05 PM
Friend

John, I wonder if the KB20 has now become the CMS20? Your description of its enlargement ability sounds very similar. If you use a tripod then from the few examples I have seen of it you'd be hard pressed to improve on its resolution with even a 6x7 MF camera unless the enlargements were very large

Mike
Old 7th February 2017, 05:50 PM
Friend

The three KB films that John talks about are sadly gone, They were made by Fotochemika, the makers of Efke film's and papers, the machinary that they used is now scrap, and the building is gone, the only version is the new Adox version of the 100,chs 100 2,they tried to remake the old 100 but a lot of the stuff they needed was no longer available, but I understand that the new film is as close as they can get to the old film, I wish Adox every success with the new factory, they seem to be very go ahead and must have a lot of faith in the future of analogue
Richard
Old 7th February 2017, 07:13 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by John King View Post
You could enlarge up as big as you wanted before the grain began to get intrusive.
What let me down was the enlarging lens quality. I only had a Wray Supar, 3 element whilst this was fine for up to 10x12 as it was in those halcyon days. A 12 x 15 print, again as the paper size was then, it was just too much.

I did see a 20x16 made via a Leitz 50mm F2.8 Elmar fitted to a Leica 3G and KB20 plus a TTH Ental enlarging lens - now that was very good. TTH were supposed to be the Gold Standard enlarging lenses in the early 60's.
I can still remember it was printed on gloss Kodak Bromesko then heat glazed. The tones displayed I have never seen exceeded.
Old 9th February 2017, 01:13 PM
Friend

They MUST have faith in the future of film- the plans already show a Porsche 911 parked outside . . .
Old 9th February 2017, 05:49 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
They MUST have faith in the future of film- the plans already show a Porsche 911 parked outside . . .
I saw that. I thought that the Porsche had just come off the paper or
film production line and was an end of line bonus or perhaps the equivalent of buy 25 sheets of Ilford MG paper and get 5 sheets free

Mike
Old 13th February 2017, 05:45 AM
Friend

The films and chemicals they sell don't interest me, but I may try this paper one day.

http://www.adox.de/Photo/photopaper/...e-based-paper/
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies