Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 12th August 2014, 03:55 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
No apologies required really Paul. I just think that you have been really lucky so far with the postal service not folding your offerings.

I don't know about cost from the USA, but sending our pictures over-broad from the UK is done in weight brackets, so it costs the same both with or without a cardboard backing in the envelope.

But on the other hand it would be great to receive a new print in the future, and an FB one at that!

Many thanks in advance.

Terry S
I too suspect I've been lucky and that my luck finally ran out. A few rounds ago when my mail to Vincent got delayed a couple of weeks was probably the universe politely coughing and saying "um...excuse me...hello?"!

It adds a bit to the cost here because a cardboard backed envelope is "non-machinable" (this also applies to domestic mail). But it's not a large amount extra, and saving a couple of dollars only to have the print ruined anyway, well, as the saying goes... penny wise, pound foolish.

Have some darkroom time planned out for tonight and a new 25-sheet pack of Adox MCC 110 I'm dying to try out. With some luck my plans for the evening don't go awry and I finish up with a couple of nice prints!
Old 27th September 2014, 10:59 AM
Friend

Hi Paul,

your second print to replace the one that got damaged in the mail has just arrived. It's a great print, with a full range of tones in it.

Interestingly, like you, I have recently purchased a box (of smaller format than you) of Adox paper. Mine is RC compared to your FB, but I to was very impressed with the look of my first prints with it.

Many thanks once more Paul, the second print is REALLY appreciated.

Terry S
Old 1st October 2014, 10:00 PM
Friend

Glad it got there intact. Took me a while to get it out, for various reasons it sat for a couple of weeks before I could even get to the post office!

The Adox paper is lovely stuff. I was surprised how closely the tonality matched my original final work print on the MGIV RC too.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies