Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Auctions of Interest

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 14th January 2017, 08:17 PM
Friend

Default sad leica

Why can't people look after things? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Leica-R4-c...4AAOSwt5hYc7Cl
Old 14th January 2017, 09:31 PM
Friend

What an absolute mess. Fit only for spares in that condition and thats even with the lens but not at £100 £20 perhaps and even thenI would be reluctant to part with cash. I wonder when the seller says it only seems to work on one speed, I wonder if it is the one mechanical speed, 'cos the batteries are shot!

It seems to have a filter on the front so possibly the front element has been protected. I would now give £40. The 60/F2.8 macro lens is quite good.

On the other hand where did the seller get it from - is it a 'knock off'. He does say he knows nowt about cameras.

Last edited by John King; 14th January 2017 at 09:34 PM.
Old 14th January 2017, 09:56 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by John King View Post
On the other hand where did the seller get it from - is it a 'knock off'. He does say he knows nowt about cameras.
Yes that bit in an e-bay sale always bother me. How did he come by the camera? On the other hand he has a 100% record but a bit more transparency wouldn't go amiss

Mike
Old 14th January 2017, 10:11 PM
Friend

As far as I am aware a 100% record only means they have completed their side of the transactions and the purchasers are happy.

It doesn't go any way to say the goods are a knock off.
Old 15th January 2017, 12:18 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by John King View Post
As far as I am aware a 100% record only means they have completed their side of the transactions and the purchasers are happy.
I bought 3 photography books before Christmas off the same Ebay seller, they weren't expensive and I didn't ask for a reduced combined postage, They were due to arrive on the 21st Dec I received notification of dispatch on the 22nd. Needless to say they never arrived.

So I contacted the seller, the only way was to open an Ebay dispute, I asked the seller to confirm what day they'd been dispatched and whether there was any tracking. The seller has not replied to me or Ebay in the allotted time so as a consequence Ebay have found in my favour on one book, they will on the other 2 and have already credited my Paypal account with some of the money.

What concerns me is I don't have any option to leave neutral or negative feedback, as far as Ebay are concerned the dispute over the first book is closed fully resolved so a shoddy seller still has a 100" rating when I could have left 3 Negative feedback reports.

Ian
Old 15th January 2017, 02:23 PM
Friend

Hello Ian, did you buy the book on Stereo Photography? Has it inspired you to try some Stereo photography? I sometimes leave positive feedback for good sellers the add the phrase " unlike so and so who should not be trusted" just to make buyers aware of a bad ebayer.
Old 15th January 2017, 02:44 PM
Friend

Sorry to hear of your experience, Ian. My cynical nature which is getting worse every day and I am sure is correlated with getting older every day suggests to me that e-bay rules exist to maximise profits for e-bay and not necessarily maximise the chances of "fair play"

Mike
Old 15th January 2017, 04:05 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
Sorry to hear of your experience, Ian. My cynical nature which is getting worse every day and I am sure is correlated with getting older every day suggests to me that e-bay rules exist to maximise profits for e-bay and not necessarily maximise the chances of "fair play"

Mike
I'd heard others complaining recently that Ebay was protecting sellers at the expense of buyers but this was the first time it's happened to me.

While the books are no big deal easy to find again and I'll have a full rebate it's not right that a seller gets away with not responding to me as buyer or to Ebay themselves. Once the other 2 cases are settled I'll take it up with Ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOldNorm View Post
Hello Ian, did you buy the book on Stereo Photography? Has it inspired you to try some Stereo photography? I sometimes leave positive feedback for good sellers the add the phrase " unlike so and so who should not be trusted" just to make buyers aware of a bad ebayer.
Yes I bought the Stereo Photography book, I've been busy so have only flicked through it. I will be doing some experiments in the Spring.

Ian
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies