Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Monochrome Work > Monochrome Film

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 16th March 2017, 07:32 AM
Friend

Default Ferrania Film Released

I understand that Ferrania released their B/W 35mm film P30 yesterday afternoon. The website crashed with the volume of orders and had to be moved.
I am looking forward to trying it soon.
Brian
Old 16th March 2017, 01:03 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonanP View Post
I understand that Ferrania released their B/W 35mm film P30 yesterday afternoon. The website crashed with the volume of orders and had to be moved.
I am looking forward to trying it soon.
Brian
I hope the film lives up to what may be large expectations based on the website crashing. The opening of the online shop to sell this new film was delayed but was due to open at 12 noon E.S.T. I took this to be Eastern Standard Time which is the U.S. East Coast or is this European Summer Time? As the film is from Italy European Summer Time makes more sense but you never know as I suspect the bulk of film sales these days is in the U.S.

Mike
Old 16th March 2017, 02:58 PM
Friend

It was up and running last night. I've put in an order for five rolls.

I imagine it is Eastern Standard Time as the servers Ferrania are using in the US.

Nick
Old 16th March 2017, 03:36 PM
Friend

Thanks, Nick. I noticed that on APUG the difficulties for some, not all, getting onto the site to order the film was mentioned. There seemed to be the whole spectrum of moods from great exhiralation to dissatisfaction with customer service( not ensuring the site worked properly) and price.

I saw the price quoted and it certainly at this stage doesn't appear to compete with Ilford but the optimists believe it will come down. OK it is a new film, based on 1950s technology but I then wondered if Ilford revived say HP3, would we pay as much for it?

It will be interesting to hear about yours and others' experience of it

Mike
Old 16th March 2017, 03:49 PM
Friend

Well, as a KickStarter funder I did get a discount on the Alpha films. Ferrania do claim a high silver content and silver ain't cheap. Now I'm waiting for them to turn up.

Nick
Old 16th March 2017, 03:49 PM
Friend

like you Mike I will wait till the price drops , i like the Ilford comparison ,very true..

www.essexcockney.com
Old 3rd February 2018, 09:19 AM
Friend

Default Ferrania P30

Has anyone here on FADU used the P30, I have seen photographs made using P30 on other sights. To me most of them look like the highlights have blown out when the light has been high contrast. Your thoughts please.
Old 3rd February 2018, 10:18 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOldNorm View Post
Has anyone here on FADU used the P30, I have seen photographs made using P30 on other sights. To me most of them look like the highlights have blown out when the light has been high contrast. Your thoughts please.

I’ve also been following this film with interest, although I have yet to obtain any. It does produce quite stark images under high contrast conditions, a ‘film noir’ look, which could be interesting . However, with more controlled lighting it looks very attractive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 3rd February 2018, 02:24 PM
Friend

I haven't seen any stockists in the U.K. but at the price I have seen and given its lack of speed, it still doesn't look that attractive to me.

Mike
Old 3rd February 2018, 02:37 PM
Friend

AFIK the P30 film is only currently available from Ferriana themselves, and mainly though the North American webshop, they are gearing up to full production but whether they will release it to general stockicts I am waiting to see, from what little I have seen of it it looks as if it could be an interesting film. but until it is generaly available I will stick to my Fomapan, There are a couple of long threads about it on Apug, or whatever they are called now,
Richard
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies