Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Colour Work > Colour film

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 17th July 2015, 07:17 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty View Post
Looks like a film (or print) processing problem. I had a light leak in a Bronica back and that produced a well defined clearer streak near the film border. Check the film with a loupe to see if the streaks are there and not just on the print.

Cheers,M.
Hmmm, i am not sure if the photograph is scanned from the actual printed photo or from the negative. I think i need to ask the lab...
Old 17th July 2015, 10:25 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratos View Post
Hmmm, i am not sure if the photograph is scanned from the actual printed photo or from the negative. I think i need to ask the lab...
If the problem is on the film itself that doesn't make any difference.
Try shooting another roll, get it developed and see what happens.
Try also at a different lab, these days with lower film volumes it's possible they're stretching the life of chemicals to make the business more profitable ...

Cheers,M.
Old 17th July 2015, 10:54 AM
Friend

Default curiouser and curiouser

It's worth asking if the film was processed hanging (lift and dunk) or in a roller-transport (minilab) processor. If the film is wound vertically in the camera back, for landscape images, then the bands do not correspond with fogging. So a processing fault is possible, perhaps caused by low liquid levels or temperature layering.
Old 17th July 2015, 11:26 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOReynolds View Post
It's worth asking if the film was processed hanging (lift and dunk) or in a roller-transport (minilab) processor. If the film is wound vertically in the camera back, for landscape images, then the bands do not correspond with fogging. So a processing fault is possible, perhaps caused by low liquid levels or temperature layering.
The film is actually wound vertically, as the bands appear on the photo. Anyway, i will check the negative and i will ask the lab the next time i go.

If it's not the lab, what it would be the problem on my camera? Light leaking? the film is rubbing on the back during the advance?
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies