Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - Large Format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 28th May 2021, 07:54 PM
Friend

As a post-script, I just had a man named Pierro Pozella (https://pppcameras.co.uk/contact) service a Xenar 150mm with a Synchro-Compur shutter that came bundled with an old MPP Micro-Technical that I bought on a whim. I was happy enough to strip-down and clean the (complete but v.grubby) camera but the slow speeds were gone on the shutter that came with.
His price was competitive compared to another repairer and he's done a beautiful job. I think it's a relatively new business which is encouraging to see.
Old 28th May 2021, 11:08 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJ View Post
His price was competitive compared to another repairer and he's done a beautiful job. I think it's a relatively new business which is encouraging to see.
Yes this is good news. While one swallow doesn't make a summer it may indicate that the film camera use is in fact rising due to more film use and there is a place in the market for competent repairers.

On a slightly gloomy reverse side of the coin there is eventually going to be room for a lot more camera repairers as old cameras will be all that left unless we get to a point where film use is enough to persuade some new or existing camera maker to start making new cameras again

Mike
Old 29th May 2021, 11:51 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJ View Post
As a post-script, I just had a man named Pierro Pozella (https://pppcameras.co.uk/contact) service a Xenar 150mm...
And just browsing out of curiosity, it seems the link doesn't just take you to a repairers, as they also sell 'Reconditioned Cameras' as well as a few 'Illustrated Editions'. So the 'Shop' link is worth a look if you're looking for something different.

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies