Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 15th July 2021, 04:54 PM
Friend

Default Lost my darkroom for now

I had to go to physio therapy for further treatment following my stroke today, and we are about to get a new kitchen fitted, everything has had to come out, all the pots and pans Ect, and while I was out my wife decided to get it down before I got home so tgat I would not be tempted to get in on the act, I am supposed to be taking it easy, but I have been able to get into my darkroom since I got home, but where have all the pots and pans gone, into my darkroom, she says no where else to put them, so now, until this new kitchen is in I have nowhere to run and hide and get creative, GRHH, I think it is taking advantage, shutting the most important room. so no more printing for at least a fortnight, while kitchen is in and everything is sorted out, just hope it doesn't send my blood pressure soaring.
Richard
Old 15th July 2021, 05:49 PM
Friend

Shame about the darkroom for now Richard but it's good to hear you're up and about and back on the forum.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 15th July 2021, 06:34 PM
Friend

Its great to hear you are raring to go ,but I think its one of them times to listen to her indoors and don't go to mad you can still develope your film
Richard
get well soon ,and take it easy
Old 15th July 2021, 07:33 PM
Friend

Thanks Paul and Marty, I am able to get about now, and have even been out with a camera, so I'm getting there, but with the amount in the darkroom I don't have any bench space left, and would have to move a lot of stuff to get to a dev tank, so darkroom room is off limits to me,we need a new kitchen, and I can't moan too much, without Sue I don't think I would be here now, she was a senior nurse and when this started she new exactly what was happening and what to do, but at the moment my darkroom was my main creative outlet, but it will only be a week or so, and with it becoming so hot, and me still recovering, Sue won't let me do much more than rest in the shade.
Richard
Old 15th July 2021, 11:37 PM
Friend

Default Darkroom

I had what was termed a 'mini stroke in April and did not have to undergo any after treatment except taking blood thinners. I was told exercise is what I needed so bought myself a decent 2nd hand push bike to get around. It has taken me places that I never even considered when it was so easy just to hop in the car, I missed all the narrow lanes and disused railway tracks. You can still get out to take pictures can't you?
Old 16th July 2021, 07:26 AM
Friend

Yes, I can now get out and about, I had a very small brain bleed, I didn't need surgery and was out in 4 gays, but I ned blood pressure tablets, my BP was over 80, but at least no lasting damage, I needed a little after care, but that is standard over here, whether you have a major or small stroke or mini stroke, the after care team swings into action, it affected my right side and I still have weakness in my right wrist hence the Physio, but I am clear now to drive, but I was not allowed to cycle because of asthma problems, Doctor says no, but go for a good walk several times a week.
Richard
Old 16th July 2021, 01:16 PM
Friend

Richard, it sounds as if you are on the mend and nearly there in terms of activities and that's great.

I found Jersey a great place for walking Richard when I visited a good many years ago. We had taken the car on the ferry so I had its use but it seems to me that depending on public transport availability, it is the sort of place that leaving the car at home or in the case of visitors not taking it all would be perfectly possible

I have lost my darkroom too for maybe the next 2 weeks or to be accurate it has lost me. This morning it was 26C there at just after 10:00am and that's too hot for me

A place to steer clear of in my case for the next week at least given the predicted temps

Mike
Old 16th July 2021, 02:30 PM
Friend

yes, in some places we have not a bad public transport system, but where I live it is not so good, 4 buses a day, but as I can now drive that's not a problem, jersey is a great place for walking, cliff paths almost right around the island, many fine country walks, and my favorite, as you can see from many of my photograph beautiful coastal walks, I am coming along fine, atemp, not to bad today, 22, but getting higher in the next week, so maybe not to bad to have the darkroom closed, as for my health, getting there, a lot bettre than I was, but a little way to go yet, my Wife is making sure no pressure's and I take life a lot easier than before, I don't want that to happen again, so I do all that I am told,
Richard
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies