Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 12th December 2021, 03:34 PM
Friend

Default VERY high views of earlier Print Exhange prints

Just looking for a picture from an early-ish-ish Print Exchange (#47, which was in December 2012), I was really taken back by the stats of how many views entries got back then. Even at this stage, four years after it first started, all the prints bar one in this round, got over 2000 views EACH, with one getting close to 3000!!!

http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.or...ry.php/cat/584

Now if we go back to the start, at round #01, in December 2008, all six entries got over 3000 views EACH, and one getting close to 6000 views!!!

As time went on, there was a gradual rise in members entering and the viewing numbers continued to rise.

If we whizz ahead to round #100, we now have 12 members on average entering, with views still averaging in the thousands.

At round #125, we still have a good number of members entering, with views in the 400 to 800's.

Bring it right up to date, to round #135 during November 2021, we still have a good number joining in and the results are now between 73 - 211 views, with the pictures getting into the gallery quickest, averaging out at getting more views than the later ones.

So, what is the purpose of pointing out these figures? Well, it started off as pure curiosity and given time, I'm sure that I will produce some form of graph to show the various figures.

But, as I've said before, looking through the 'Friends' list occasionally, I find it sad to see so many names along side the last date that they logged into the site. Yes, I know this happens with all sites, and we have to accept that some have gone to digital and then found less need to read about analogue.

In the end though, I suppose this is another call to members who don't or haven't ever tried, the Print (and now Negative) Exchanges before.

Come back or give it a go. It's only one print a month and you only have to join in with as many months as you like.

But the best bits are both sending out and receiving a 'real' print from another member, to look and read about. It's so MUCH better than looking at them in the galleries or on a screen and dare I say, a digital print out...

Well, I feel so much better now, just getting that off my chest.

Have I talked anyone else into joining at all then...?

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies