Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Colour Work > Colour film

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 15th July 2020, 02:18 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
Thanks Edmund. So that's simply substituting RA4 developer for the ECN2 developer, the rest being standard bleach and C41 fixer and not a total substitution of RA4 blix instead of the standard bleach and fix?

Mike

Yes, just the developer. The rest of the C41 chemicals being used as normal. I’ll see if I can find the post and provide a link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15th July 2020, 09:27 PM
Friend

I think you require different amber filters depending on the lighting conditions. I have ordered an 85B, but may also pick up 85A and C filters as well. They can be used in combination with the 81 series for further flexibility. This is all theory, of course, because I haven’t used the film yet. I have a colour temperature meter which I may use, but I’m not necessarily too bothered about accurate colour rendition. I thought the film would be good for city shots at night, when things return to normal (if they ever do).
Alex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 18th July 2020, 09:46 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundH View Post
Yes, just the developer. The rest of the C41 chemicals being used as normal. I’ll see if I can find the post and provide a link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like N&T may have deleted their blog posts promoting the use of RA-4 developer in place of ECN2 (probably because they now sell the ECN2 kits). However they do sell 1Litre kits of RA-4 developer for this express purpose, and offer the following guide: https://ntphotoworks.com/wp-content/...mjet_Insts.pdf
Old 19th July 2020, 10:29 AM
Friend

Default Question re remjet removal

I have no experience of ramjet removal, but reading on the subject I have the impression that it can be removed mechanically (with a sponge) at the end of the (one-shot) processing, before stabilising. Any info?
Old 19th July 2020, 11:00 AM
Friend

Default Tungsten film

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmuir View Post
I think you require different amber filters depending on the lighting conditions. I have ordered an 85B, but may also pick up 85A and C filters as well.
'T' film has always been coated with enhanced red/orange sensitivity and is intended to be exposed under tungsten illumination, where increasing the light level means increasing the wattage generated and consumed. Generally, daylight illumination is brighter (and without cost) so the loss of light through the orange correction filter (required to get good colour balance) is not problematic. Motion-picture negative film stock has almost always been coated for tungsten lighting. When filming interiors with windows admitting daylight, they are typically covered with fire-retardant orange cells.
Unlike d***** origination, adjustment at the printing stage introduces "crossed curves", which can never be corrected satisfactorily because of the typical "S"=shaped characteristic curve of silver-halide emulsions.
So filtering on the camera is essential when shooting in daylight or electronic flash.
It's worth reading up on Mired shift, a straightforward scale for describing the degree of correction required.
Old 19th July 2020, 11:34 AM
Friend

Thanks Jonathon. That is very useful. I have a Gossen colour meter, and have ordered some correction filters. I will read up on Mired shift. It’s not something I have any experience of , but sounds interesting.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 19th July 2020, 01:39 PM
Friend

I am assuming that while in daylight the 85B takes your 500T speed down to 320 which is not problematic as Jonathan says, it has the advantage of giving you full speed for night shots with authentic colours v daylight films which might make indoor night shots especially too warm?

Mike
Old 19th July 2020, 07:13 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOReynolds View Post
'T' film has always been coated with enhanced red/orange sensitivity and is intended to be exposed under tungsten illumination,
I should have written 'enhanced blue sensitivity' - sorry
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies