Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 1st January 2022, 10:42 AM
Friend

Default Viponel E01L

Hi folks,

Happy new year to you all.

I’m hoping you might help me with a technical issue. I’ve started acquiring items to start setting up a darkroom and bought a working Durst M670 for £20 (mega lucky). I also bought a Viponel timer as a gamble for a tenner.

I’ve plugged them in and the bulb illuminates on constant for focus but I don’t seem to be able to get the timer action to work.

Do I need to do anything in particular to make it work, or is likely goosed?

Appreciate any help.

Dan
Old 1st January 2022, 01:11 PM
Friend

Just to confirm, that you have this model Dan?:

https://www.secondhanddarkroom.co.uk..._6573219ml.jpg

I had one of the REALLY early models, which was all black and very basic. But from what I remember, there was a strange way to make it work the two features, focus and timer.

I even put a white sticker with text on it to remind me each time how to do it! I'm not sure if that just says something about me, or if others had the same problem / bit of confusion when using it?

If I can find it, I'll post back, but hopefully someone else will pop along in the mean time.

Sounds like a good deal with the enlarger though! I always craved for a Durst, when first starting out, but couldn't afford one and now it would be silly just to get one when I am happy with what mine does.

Terry S
Old 1st January 2022, 02:27 PM
Friend

Not familiar with these at all but if all else fails and no-one here knows then Secondhand Darkroom has one so it might be happy to either scan and send the instructions if it has them or explain over the phone what you need to do.

The alternative is the BUKTUS site It has lots of instructions manuals which might include timers

Mike
Old 1st January 2022, 02:42 PM
Friend

The viponel is meopta so it might be worth a call to RK photographic who are forum sponsors and were the agents for meopta to see if they can help you
Richard
Old 1st January 2022, 05:38 PM
Friend

Hi Dan. I think the model you have is the digital display type. It looks very similar to other brands with digital displays. You normally set the range (0.1, 1 or 10 second increments), then dial in the time you want. Pressing + and - together should clear the display. When you press the Start button, it should count down to zero.
One version seems to have two sockets on the back. One will be for the enlarger, and the other for the safelight, or perhaps a footswitch. If yours has two sockets, are you sure the enlarger is plugged into the correct one?
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 1st January 2022, 05:45 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Gould View Post
The viponel is meopta so it might be worth a call to RK photographic who are forum sponsors and were the agents for meopta to see if they can help you
Richard
RK Photographic have been helpful when I've needed Meopta accessories; this was a few years ago though, so I'm not sure what the stock situation is today.
Old 1st January 2022, 06:26 PM
Friend

Here's a video on the S15 which is the only one I can find that's on sale so it may not relate too closely with your EO( or is that 0?)IL but it may help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmGCaiPovjw

Mike
Old 2nd January 2022, 12:42 PM
Friend

Hi all,

Thanks everyone for your responses and suggestions.

It’s the digital screen one E01L. I will take your suggestion of contacting RK, but I have a feeling that the timer mechanism isn’t working. All the electronic contacts seem to be fine inside. I wondered whether the fact there’s two input sockets had anything to do with it not functioning.

It just seems odd that everything else works perfectly.

Anyhow, I will persevere or sell for parts. Crazy to think places just chuck these things out without a thought.
Old 2nd January 2022, 03:50 PM
Friend

dslater, I have just now found that model on "googling" it - not so yesterday for whatever reason. I was referred to e-bay and it turned out to be an archive reference in that it has long since been sold but interestingly it was an RK sale so yes they should know quite a bit about it

However the RK price was £85 so for £10 it suggests that a repair or part replacement of some kind might be required for yours

Mike

Tags
darkroom equipment, timer enlarger, timer issue
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies