Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 22nd July 2021, 10:34 PM
Friend

Default just found this on youtube

Analog Artisans . worth having a butchers hook on YouTube
Old 22nd July 2021, 10:50 PM
Friend

Bryan Birks is his name ,I just found out so look for him on youtube there is a lot of good stuff on his YouTube page
Old 22nd July 2021, 11:49 PM
Friend

Paul, Bryan Birks seems to have covered a wide spectrum of things analogue. Some seemed more remote than others from what I understand to be film and darkroom work.Were there any videos in in particular that are worth a look?

Thanks

Mike
Old 23rd July 2021, 12:13 AM
Friend

Hi Mike I found the Analog Artisans series very interesting ,listening to all sorts of artists ,and if like me you cannot sleep something to occupy the time
Old 23rd July 2021, 10:03 AM
Friend

Thanks Paul, I browsed through a couple of his videos and he does seem to concentrate on what I'd loosely call the "people" aspect His interest lies in their stories as opposed to what they can impart to others by way of photographic knowledge to be passed on

That is not a criticism by any means but more an attempt to try and give a "broad brush" description of my first impressions for others who might want to check him out

I need to emphasis that "broad brush" means that I have not by any means really done more than browse a couple of his videos

Mike
Old 23rd July 2021, 12:02 PM
Friend

Doing a search for Bryan Birks on youtube, this is the link to his many bits to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ns+bryan+birks

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies