Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 25th February 2021, 07:59 PM
Friend

My offering went in the post today.

Terry S
Old 26th February 2021, 01:12 PM
Friend

Thanks Terry,

The post has just arrived bringing your two prints with it! I like the graphic nature of the prints, the play of light and shade. I appreciate them both, but my favourite is the one with the strong design of the swing - I know you prefer the other one.

Thanks for the full explanation it the letter too, much appreciated.

http://graemestarkphotography.blogspot.com/
Old 26th February 2021, 02:42 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
Thanks Terry,

The post has just arrived bringing your two prints with it! I like the graphic nature of the prints, the play of light and shade.
Hi Graeme, the Royal Mail continues to amaze me, as the prints were put in the last 5.30pm post yesterday, arriving with you the following day.

Re-reading my letter to you, I think I may have over enthused about one of the prints, but I like them both, as they are both quite different.

It's only now, whilst scanning them for the gallery, that I note that the base whites are quite different to one another. The Kentmere seems more white of the two, with the new MGV paper being slightly off white to light cream. The light coming through the window at this time of year is probably also playing a part in this.

A few minutes after writing this, they will appear in the gallery.

Terry S
Old 28th February 2021, 10:33 PM
Administrator

Drat - I completely forgot that February is a short month (I'd also forgotten it is February, but that's another matter...). Mine is in the wash and will be posted tomorrow...
Old 1st March 2021, 10:23 AM
Print Exchange Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Drat - I completely forgot that February is a short month (I'd also forgotten it is February, but that's another matter...). Mine is in the wash and will be posted tomorrow...
Time seems to pass more quickly or is less noticeable in the current situation. Please be sure to post here when you have done so.

There is also another participant in this round who does not appear to have posted their contribution.

Thanks, Mike

Last edited by Bob; 1st March 2021 at 01:53 PM.
Old 1st March 2021, 02:22 PM
Friend

Mine has also just gone in the post today. We have a temporary post office in town, and it was inexplicably closed when I went on Friday.
Old 2nd March 2021, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Mine belatedly now winging it's way. Possibly literally...

Apologies again for the delay. Must do better this month!

Cheers, Bob.
Old 2nd March 2021, 12:34 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanFrank View Post
Posted my print today,
Frank
Thank you, it arrived yesterday accompanied by an interesting letter. The picture is of a snowy woodland scene with the full sun shining through the trees. I thought it was an excellent composition and well printed on Adox MCP gloss paper (I shall have to try some, I've previously like their semi matt paper)

Edmund
Old 2nd March 2021, 05:52 PM
Friend

Hi Edmund,
Glad you like it. Adox had to stop production of MCP & MCC paper, because one supplier increased their price quite heavily. They intend again to do everything on their own, but this will take time. They hope to start soon with Polywarmtone, but they are fighting with German bureacracy now to build the plant.
Frank
Old 3rd March 2021, 04:16 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundH View Post
Mine has also just gone in the post today. We have a temporary post office in town, and it was inexplicably closed when I went on Friday.
And it has been received today, with thanks Edmund.

I read your note first before sliding your print out, and I was pleasantly surprised to see a picture in FULL COLOUR!!! I believe that I have only received one or maybe two colour prints, during all the years that I have been on the FADU Print Exchange. So, it makes it rather special in my eyes.

The picture is of a large bright red London bus entering the frame from the left, with the 1950's 'brutalist concrete architecture' of London's Southbank buildings filling the rest of the frame.

It's a place I recognise very well, having lived in London for about 20 years and this was an area that I visited regularly for exhibitions, plays and concerts, so it brings back a lot of memories.

I've never done any darkroom colour work, although I have read a lot about it over the years, so I can appreciate your work and the process of getting the filtration right, which you definitely have.

A great picture for my collection Edmund. Many thanks once more.

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies