Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - Large Format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 27th July 2011, 12:30 PM
Friend

Default Lens board identification...

Hi. I recently bought a linhof board fom Walker cameras, fantastic service & board btw, for my schneider 90 8 and I'm trying to find out what the large board it came mounted on is. The board is 5 3/4 inch square and has a 3/4 inch recess. Thanks for any help!
Old 30th July 2011, 10:20 PM
Friend

Sinar Boards are 140mm square

The 3/4inch recess - is probably a 20mm recessed board - used when fitting short focal length lenses into large cameras to avoid over compressing the bellows.

You might be able to see the mounting board on E-Bay

You can also get "Top Hats" which push the lens forward of the front standard - when you want to fit a long focal length without having the bellows length to accommodate it

Hope this helps

Martin
Old 31st July 2011, 09:37 AM
Friend

Thanks for the reply! All I've been able to find out so far is that apparently some Eastman cameras take a 145mm board, the outside of the board is 145mm but there is a beveled inner lip on the back of the board that is 140mm. I'm only trying to find out so that I have a proper id when I sell it. I can understand the compression thing, the 90mm that came attached to it needs to be detached from the rail so that the clamp that attaches the camera to the tripod is in front, or behind, instead of inbetween the front & rear element; the 'focus throw' is very short with this lense and I find myself using my Graflex 6 3/8 much more as I don't have to fiddle about. I imagine that I*'d need quite a deep recess for my 90 8 to make much of a difference
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies