Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 8th October 2020, 07:51 PM
Friend

Default New (to me) Materials supplier

Has anyone heard of a company called Keyphoto? I came across this by accident and their prices are substantially lower than elsewhere
Telephone 01582 460461 (Luton)

For the likes of Kodak Ektar RA4 chemicals they are really good and with film, the price of a 36 exp Kodak colour negative film is only £2.27.Exc vat. Some of the prices are only marginally reduced, but most are worth while considering.

Last edited by John King; 8th October 2020 at 08:04 PM.
Old 8th October 2020, 09:02 PM
Friend

Hi John,

Are these the same Keyphoto that are sponsors of FADU?

Ian
Old 8th October 2020, 09:14 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CambsIan View Post
Hi John,

Are these the same Keyphoto that are sponsors of FADU?

Ian
Yes they are the same. Like all other retailers there are some very good prices and others that can be beaten. You have to note that all prices are quoted excluding VAT so that needs to be added.

As John has said some of the colour films at the "holiday snapper" for want of a better word, end of the market are very good By holiday snapper I mean the more bog standard colour film that a lot would choose including me for my photography most of the time

The other thing that stood out for me was the price of Kodak Selenium toner which seemed to be very good

Essentially Keyphoto seems aimed at the educational college sector where there are photography students
If you were a college then I suspect the discount might be substantial

Mike
Old 8th October 2020, 09:47 PM
Friend

I also noticed that Kodak Ektachrome 35mm slide film even with the VAT added is about £3 a cassette cheaper than the usual outlets.

I have just bought a full Kodak Ektar 20Ltr RA4 dev and bleach kit and I could have saved over £18.

And yes if you are at college or a local authority the discount is a lot more. I will need some C41 colour film shortly so will keep them in mind
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies