Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - Large Format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 2nd March 2013, 10:39 PM
Friend

Default I got a 90f8 but also a problem!

When I fitted the lens into my one and only lens board 1. The hole was too large 2. The retaining ring was too small... Both of which I solved with a larger ring from another lens. My biggest problem though is when I tighten it all up I can no longer adjust the aperture! Should there be a washer of some sort?

Matt
Old 3rd March 2013, 12:08 AM
Friend

A Copal 0 shutter requires a hole size of 34.7mm, much larger than this and you end up clamping the aperture ring between th shutter & board.

The aperture ring pivots around a boss on the rear of th shutter - The boss on an old Compur in front of me measures 36.9mm Dia. So if I were to fit it to a board drilled for a No.1 shutter (41.8mm Dia), the aperture would be locked solid. It would be quite easy to make a couple of suitable spacers (if you had a lathe), but it would be better to get a lens board with the correctly sized hole.

If we knew what camera you have, someone may have a spare lens board that they'd be willing to sell...
Old 3rd March 2013, 08:17 AM
Friend

Thanks it makes perfect sense now. The reason I was confused was due the original seller stated it was a copal 0 board! It is quite plain to me now that it is not.

See here for my original thread for other details regarding camera and lens boards.

Matt
Old 3rd March 2013, 11:56 AM
Friend

I use SK Grimes as a reference for shutter dimensions - A useful resource when I have to make a lens board, handy when checking an ebay seller's description.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies