Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 5th February 2015, 08:10 PM
Friend

I've never contacted First Call by phone email or any other means and consequently not purchased any of their products but two days ago I received two emails claiming to be First Call. Because of this thread I deleted them immediately but wonder how on earth the scammer got my email details. Thank you guys.
Old 5th February 2015, 08:12 PM
Friend

I got a response by email, though it was exactly the same as that quoted above by Paul C that appeared on Facebook.

Nick
Old 5th February 2015, 10:15 PM
Friend

So there's the point, if Les has never communicated with Fristcall via email then its not their website server that has been hacked.

Someone has got a list of photographers email addresses from somewhere, could be anywhere, a forum like this or Large Format Photography or APUG or Facebook or AP or any other one and just picked firstcall as the spoofed sender. The mails aren't originating from them so they can't stop it. So no good whining at them as though they are responsible for it.
Old 6th February 2015, 01:28 PM
Friend

It also means that it's nothing much to worry about, just delete them along with all the other crap which it is hard to keep out
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies