Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > FADU YEARBOOK 2015

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 3rd July 2015, 12:21 AM
Friend

Thanks Derek, they arrived a couple of days ago. I'll scan one of yours and David Hall's when I can.

My wife has just been discharged from the Burns Unit of the RVI in Newcastle having accidently pouring some very hot liquid over her right foot some weeks ago. The injury required some skin grafts and will incapacitate her for some time which will require me to spend a lot of time helping her get better. I'll also need to do a lot more around the house as well as shopping etc.

Therefore can I ask those who intend to enter prints for the book to let me have them as soon as possible instead of waiting until nearer the closing date. This will enable me to work on them is short snatches when I'm free from helping my wife.

Your cooperation would be very much appreciated.
Old 3rd July 2015, 07:12 AM
Friend

Hi Les, sorry to hear about your wife's accident, I hope that she has a full recovery.

I for one will hurry up with my prints and get them to you before the cut off date.

All the best to you and your wife.

Ian
Old 3rd July 2015, 01:54 PM
Friend

The form asks for photograph details a part from the title of the picture and I know this is going to sound thick but what else should we include?

Sorry to hear Les of your wife's accident. Best wishes for her swift recovery.

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 7th July 2015, 11:26 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les McLean View Post
Thanks Derek, they arrived a couple of days ago. I'll scan one of yours and David Hall's when I can.

My wife has just been discharged from the Burns Unit of the RVI in Newcastle having accidently pouring some very hot liquid over her right foot some weeks ago. The injury required some skin grafts and will incapacitate her for some time which will require me to spend a lot of time helping her get better. I'll also need to do a lot more around the house as well as shopping etc.

Therefore can I ask those who intend to enter prints for the book to let me have them as soon as possible instead of waiting until nearer the closing date. This will enable me to work on them is short snatches when I'm free from helping my wife.

Your cooperation would be very much appreciated.
We don't know each other Les, but I'm sorry to hear of the accident, wishing Mrs M. a full and speedy recovery. I'll make an effort to avoid last-minute submission. Best Wishes,

http://graemestarkphotography.blogspot.com/
Old 25th July 2015, 08:42 AM
Friend

Hi Les,

4 prints sent off today.

Sorry to hear about the accident. I hope your wife gets well soon.

Best Wishes,
Mark
Old 28th July 2015, 06:39 PM
Friend

Mark,

Your prints arrived yesterday (Monday), thank you.

To date we have entries from 3 members only a long way short of the numbers we need and we now have only 34 days to get enough entries in to make a book. There were many members interested in producing year book but the support up to now is pretty poor so please make an effort in the next couple of weeks otherwise the whole project looks like a dead duck.
Old 28th July 2015, 09:51 PM
Friend

My 2 are drying, will be sending them in 2 days.....
Old 29th July 2015, 05:48 PM
Friend

Sorry Les!
I had prints in last time, and was looking forward to this years book but right now I'm out of action photographically.
We're right in the middle of moving home. Packed the darkroom kit a couple of months back, as it was in the kitchen- it seemed wise to make the place look less 'cluttered'.
On a positive note I might soon once again have a permanent darkroom, for the first time in years!!!
Unfortunately at the pace the conveyancing is going there's no way I'll be wet printing again anytime soon. Might just manage end of the year, way too late for this.
Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of work comes in at the last minute.
Cheers!
Old 30th July 2015, 06:50 AM
Friend

I had hoped to get a submission but started a major darkroom renovation a few months ago which is still ongoing. It'll be September before I get it up and running, which is no help for this year's book - apologies.

Hopefully I can play a bigger part in Print Exchanges and future book projects. I hope you get enough submissions to proceed Les and that your wife makes a good recovery.

Michael
Old 30th July 2015, 09:55 AM
Friend

It will be last minute for me, I am away for the next three weeks, will try and do a couple of prints and get them posted this weekend with two more to follow at the end of the month.August is a busy month with holidays etc. Les would extending the deadline to Sept. 11th help you and the contributors.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies