Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > New products and offers

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 3rd October 2018, 10:10 AM
Friend

Default Photographers Formulary PMK, Pyrocat HD, TF4 & TF5 fixer available in UK

I hope this is ok to post here but after several months of emails, negotiations, dealing with HMRC, Customs Brokers I am pleased to say I can finally start selling Photographer's Formulary PMK and Pyrocat HD developers and TF4 & TF5 fixer, see more at:
https://www.stillphotographic.com/shop
Old 3rd October 2018, 01:16 PM
Friend

Good work David. I had toyed with the idea of getting Ethol LPD paper developer but the hassle and cost seemed a bit high in relation to the benefits. At 1$ to 1£, does this cover all costs except naturally the despatch cost within the U.K. so that if LPD is say $20 this is £20 to me plus delivery from your location in the U.K. to mine?

Thanks

Mike
Old 3rd October 2018, 01:44 PM
Friend

Thanks David this could be of great advantage to many of us on this side of the pond.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 3rd October 2018, 04:57 PM
Friend

Mike, that's exactly where I was with the costs of importing the odd developer - it makes it all very expensive.

If you choose an item that is 'dry' rather than a liquid then I hope to be able to honour the price in £ as sold by PF in $. As long as I cover my costs I am happy to continue this way. But, to cover my costs, I have to have a minimum 'weight' given the minimum shipping charge per pallet (see attached photo showing the size of my pallet against individual size of packets/ bottles!). This is likely to be the determining factor on the timing of my next order.

As much as people are pleased to see TF4 & TF5 fixer, the cost of shipping these liquids is costly (but then you can save money in using stop bath …).

Martyn, I need to review my postage prices, especially for Europe. I will try and do this over the next few days but in the meantime I have just revised shipping for small packages.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2741_2.JPG
Views:	533
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	2957   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2725 (2).JPG
Views:	541
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	2958  
Old 3rd October 2018, 07:29 PM
Friend

So from placement of an order to delivery will depend on the total order from customers meeting the minimum weight. Thus to some extent the answer to how long for delivery is the answer to how long is a piece of string. The pallet, I take it, is sent by ship so its packed in Montana, road or rail freighted to an Atlantic seaport, shipped to the UK, shipped to your place and then repacked and delivered to the customer.

We are talking weeks at least, I would think, but on the bright side once it arrives then as long as the next order is placed by the customer in good time, delivery time becomes inconsequential as it should arrive before the customer's stock runs out.

I realise this post may appear to be emphasising the downside of your service but it is not meant to. Rather I am thinking aloud on paper as a way of thinking through the process and getting confirmation of otherwise of what I think the ordering process entails

Mike
Old 3rd October 2018, 09:04 PM
Friend

Your thinking is about right.

I am trying to refine and expedite the process, but to make it cost effective it has to be shipped by sea rather than air and will be a minimum of 3 weeks.

I will make enquiries to PF and ask if there is a viable price point for a number of items/ air freight cost that will make it worthwhile to make an order and ship by air.

I will keep you informed of any response.
Old 3rd October 2018, 10:20 PM
Friend

You should have a word with Ilford. They have an annoying knack of shipping products to the US in such a way that many of them end up cheaper over there than over here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 4th October 2018, 12:27 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
You should have a word with Ilford. They have an annoying knack of shipping products to the US in such a way that many of them end up cheaper over there than over here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or a word with the lucky U.S. customers whom in my experience always have an explanation as to why it is not Ilford's fault

Mind you with Kodak products the reverse is unfortunately not true. Their stuff seems to end up more expensive once it sees the White Cliffs S

Speaking of said White Cliffs,"It be the mid-watch, Captain, and the crew be mutinous dogs, drinking that grogg instead of the regulation cappuccino

Mike
Old 8th October 2018, 11:48 AM
Friend

I am pleased to say that I have just received a pack of the PMK developer from David, and am looking forward to trying it. I will be looking for some advice on using it, but will start a new thread for that purpose. I hope the venture is successful. I was impressed by the smooth and efficient service.
Alex

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 8th October 2018, 12:53 PM
Friend

Good luck with the PMK, Alex. It will be interesting to hear what you think of it. Some photographers say it's the bee's knees and others say there's no/negligible difference between it and, say, dilute Perceptol.

I remember reading a comparison a while back on the web (can't find it now) and the conclusion was that there was little or nothing to be gained from the use of Pyro. I don't think I've ever seen a comparison showing that pyro is superior. Not saying there isn't one, just that I've never been able to find something like that.

I've read some claims that it's better but they've not been backed up by any evidence. I've never used it so can't comment but, from what I've read, I put it alongside the "Leica glow" and the Yeti. However, I remain very open minded.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies