Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 16th December 2019, 03:46 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmuir View Post
I’ve printed two images and placed them in the Discussion Gallery. I’m not that impressed by them. I intend trying again with HC110 which produces less chemical fogging. I’m think that a dilution of 1+99 should do. That means I can use 6ml of concentrate in a total volume of 600ml.
Alex
I've just revisited your two pictures in the discussion gallery Alex, after seeing your 'negatives' post.

As I said on the gallery, well done for trying the process, but it's not something I will now try based on your efforts. But these ideas have to be tried by some, or where would we be...?

It's the same with stand development. I read about it and so I tried it and now use it occasionally, where I think it will help.

Terry S
Old 16th December 2019, 04:15 PM
Friend

verene, I hope you get a chance to try this 8 hr stand development out over the Xmas hols and can let us see the outcome but based on what I've now seen I'd definitely try Rodinal or maybe HC110 and not ID11. Those developers which have never been associated with stand development have maybe not been associated with such development for a reason

However all things considered, it is beginning to sound like the old adage: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

At best it may be that 8 hrs is no worse than 1 hr but the odds that it is better sounds very unlikely but good luck with the attempt at it

Mike

Tags
processing
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies