Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 11th March 2021, 04:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CambsIan View Post
Put mine in the post box this morning, hopefully it should arrive by the end of the week.

Ian
And arrived safe and sound today

Two prints of the gardens at Gunby Hall near Skegness. Never been to Skegness - one of those places you hear about but being from "down south" never get to visit (like with Hobbiton...).

Got to love a walled garden, especially when the walls are as old and characterful as this one - and has a door framing a tree inviting you into yet more green lusciousness beyond.

Then the walkway completely covered with flowers and climbers protecting you from the bright sunshine filtering in from above (ah yes, I remember being out and about in summer - just) leading to the focal point of a large sundial.

Of technical interest is the use of HC-110 in semi-stand for 45 mins - that sounds interesting and has certainly worked as the prints show excellent tonal gradation.

Thanks Ian - just what I need in the current chilly weather (tho hopefully warmer days are just around the corner).

Cheers, Bob.
Old 11th March 2021, 07:11 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzNL View Post
Thank you Frank!
Hi Buzz,
Glad you like them. Upload them to the gallery now.
Frank
Old 12th March 2021, 11:00 AM
Friend

Mine are in the post
Richard
Old 13th March 2021, 11:04 AM
Friend

Hi Bob, glad they arrived safe and you liked them.

Will post into gallery.

Ian
Old 13th March 2021, 11:13 AM
Friend

Ooooops.

I seem to be having a real moment or two, trying to get my pics into the gallery.

Got a really big queue left over from all my attempts to upload from last month, and this months has added to the bottom of the queue, but is also upside down.

Mod's can you please have a look and see if you can delete the entire queue ?

Many thanks

Ian
Old 13th March 2021, 03:51 PM
Print Exchange Manager

My offering is in the post.

Mike
Old 16th March 2021, 10:21 AM
Friend

Received, Mike (yesterday).

Two very different prints. The first shows tunnels belonging to an old slate quarry. It’s on Cooltone paper which really suits the subject, giving rich blacks and a real punchy print it is. You’ve managed to keep good detail in the shadows, too.

The second is also on Cooltone paper but a more different print you couldn’t get. An experimental print from a low-contrast negative it’s a misty landscape with no black tones at all, very light tones all over. It’s certainly different, Mike! I’m not sure it works for me as it stands - it’s almost lith-like, with lovely grain but without the warm tones. I wonder how it would look on a different paper, such as MG Classic, or even Warmtone.

However, I always enjoy looking at something outside the norm so thank you for both prints.

Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHeller View Post
My offering is in the post.

Mike
Old 16th March 2021, 01:18 PM
Friend

Posted mine yesterday afternoon.

http://graemestarkphotography.blogspot.com/
Old 16th March 2021, 03:35 PM
Print Exchange Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by photomi7ch View Post
Posted this morning.
And arrived yesterday. Quite a dark print of some fresh fruit in a dish and a jug. The white currents in the dish look positively edible with a highlight on each fruit. The shadows from the containers make an interesting contrast to the fruit in them.

Mitch mentioned sending me another print and that set a challenge to find out when and what. Well he has sent me two previously:

Exchange 101, Mat 2018, and Exchange 91, April 2017. I also found the prints: A coastal and an urban landscape and so very different from the current one. And my filing and database appear to be functioning as hoped!

Thanks, Mike
Old 16th March 2021, 04:59 PM
Friend

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHeller View Post
And arrived yesterday. Quite a dark print of some fresh fruit in a dish and a jug. The white currents in the dish look positively edible with a highlight on each fruit. The shadows from the containers make an interesting contrast to the fruit in them.

Mitch mentioned sending me another print and that set a challenge to find out when and what. Well he has sent me two previously:

Exchange 101, Mat 2018, and Exchange 91, April 2017. I also found the prints: A coastal and an urban landscape and so very different from the current one. And my filing and database appear to be functioning as hoped!

Thanks, Mike
Thanks Mike, You met the challenge with flying colours. I've sent you more prints than anybody else.

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies