Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 28th February 2021, 08:30 PM
Friend

Default Hanging onto old photo gear ,you never know when it will come in handy

I have been using my Jobo CPE2 for all my 35mm and 120 film ,but for some time I have been developing more and more 5x4 film and using bigger tanks ,my jobo is starting to struggle with the big heavy tanks ,its ok with the smaller tanks . then I remembered years ago I bought a simma roller machine for developing paper but never used it ,as it would only take big tanks ,so I dug it out and tried it out with a large jobo tank with 12 sheets of 5x4 film ,they came out really good , I was worried as the jobo tank turns backwords and forwards and the simma roller machine only turns one way ,but has off centre wheels as the tank turns it rocks up and down as well .All the junk( photography gold) I have accumulated over the years are starting to become useful ..
Old 24th March 2021, 12:52 PM
Friend

I did colour and B/w in the late 70's through to the 90's, I then stored all my darkroom gear in my attic.
I have just got it all back down and sorting through it and getting it all working again.
With the price of darkroom stuff now I am glad I did.

I have the Patterson manual colour print processor, thats been up in my attic for the past 25 years and I see now on ebay they are selling second hand for £200.00.

The only problem I have had is my enlarger lenses have got fungus in them so I have bought two more, one has come and the other on the way, nearly there now to trying my first prints for years..

Flack
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies