Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Monochrome Work > Monochrome printing techniques

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 15th May 2010, 10:14 AM
Friend

Lloyd. I have some prints from the early 80's spotted with plain water/tape gum, and they are still good aslong as the black mark hasn't been dug out too deep. Where they are not good is the spotting out of white marks where I must have used duff dyes and they have faded.
Interesting thing this archival issue. I know people bang on about the light fastness of digital inks, but the ones we use to spot out can be just as bad.
Old 15th May 2010, 01:05 PM
Friend

Richard, ouch that's not good. I've never had problems with spotone dyes, at least none I've noticed. But with years of paper/bookbinding experience I'm definitely wary of generic gummed adhesive.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies