Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Business Matters

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 20th May 2015, 03:49 PM
Friend

I was about to say that from another thread it appears that both Silverprint and AG have solved their communications/ordering issues then I saw Simon's posts.

Hopefully Simon's experience is now the exception.

Mike
Old 20th May 2015, 03:56 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonhall View Post
They are indeed monitored daily. When I complained on your facebook page that you closed up shop on a bankholiday Monday after advertising that you would be open you deleted my post. Twice! I made a special visit so that I could use my student discount which isn't available online.

A simple apology and an explanation would have worked wondered but instead i've been going to other suppliers wherever possible since then.
Hey Simon,

Im sorry that we weren't open when you tried to visit.

The notice on Facebook actually said we were closed for the bank holiday and open again as normal on the Tuesday. We are always closed for bank holidays, but we always list this on our website and social media.

We never delete any comments, so I can only assume that it must have been a techincal glitch when posting. We never recieved your comment, which is why there was no response.

Regards

Silverprint Team
Old 22nd May 2015, 03:07 PM
Friend

I'm sorry but I dispute this, although I must correct myself. It was the Saturday of the Easter weekend, rather than the bank holiday Monday itself that you closed earlier than advertised. This was last year when you were open at the weekends.

You had put out a facebook post saying that you would be open til 4pm and the same time was displayed on your website. When I got their at 2.45 the store was shut. Having made a special trip so that I could use a student card to get a discount on what would have been a large order I was pretty annoyed to find the store closed, especially after I checked your website before leaving.

When I checked the facebook post https://www.facebook.com/silverprint...50035865041918 you can see that it was edited several days later to amend the time to 2pm. Unfortunately this is ancient history in facebook terms so there was no way I was going to see an edited post three days later, especially when your website still said 4pm.

I complained via your facebook page but it disappeared shortly afterwards. When I got home, I complained again via facebook and double checked that it had been posted. Again it was deleted shortly afterwards. I then complained through the contact webform on your website an received no reply.

I understand that changing opening hours are your prerogative. But after you have publicised one set of opening hours I think it is only right that you correct your website and make a similar effort on social media to let people know that they have changed. It is also reasonable to expect people to be annoyed if they make a special trip only to find the store closed.

Anyway the issue I had was more to do with the fact that you deleted the complaints from your FB page and didn't even reply to my emailed complaint. I felt this was shocking customer service and could easily have been averted with a simple 'Sorry for your wasted journey, we'll make sure we publicise any changes better next time'.

I would love to support Silverprint, it is great to have such an amazing resource for the photographic community but I go elsewhere for my film supplies wherever possible now.
Old 22nd May 2015, 07:50 PM
Friend

I have had to Wait from time to time and I have complained from time to time ,but my order has always tuned up in the end ,I have never been fiddled or lost my money using our sponsors they may get behind with there orders sometimes but they are honest and get there orders out in the end ..we have a great selection to buy from, Our sponsors carry a wide variety of products ,and I feel that they have a love of photography and always seem very knowledgeable about there products and traditional photography ......

www.essexcockney.com
Old 23rd May 2015, 05:54 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by big paul View Post
I have had to Wait from time to time and I have complained from time to time ,but my order has always tuned up in the end ,I have never been fiddled or lost my money using our sponsors they may get behind with there orders sometimes but they are honest and get there orders out in the end ..we have a great selection to buy from, Our sponsors carry a wide variety of products ,and I feel that they have a love of photography and always seem very knowledgeable about there products and traditional photography ......

www.essexcockney.com
Well said - no one in this world is 100% perect all of the time.. Our sponsors are in this business because they share our passion for photography and I suspect none of them will be able to retire early with a pot of gold made by retailing photographic materials.

Apologies have been given and and there is no point in carrying on whinging - get there and make some images instead , it will make you felel better

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 23rd June 2015, 01:33 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonhall View Post
Anyway the issue I had was more to do with the fact that you deleted the complaints from your FB page and didn't even reply to my emailed complaint. I felt this was shocking customer service and could easily have been averted with a simple 'Sorry for your wasted journey, we'll make sure we publicise any changes better next time'.
I agree that is unacceptable and this is not how we expect customer complaints to be handled - my apologies for this.

We now have a completely new team managing social media and we aim to maintain an active presence over a range of social platforms.

Thank you to Neil and Paul for the continued support.

Silverprint Team
Old 30th June 2015, 08:07 AM
Friend

Thank you, that is good to know.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies