Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Help!

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 21st May 2018, 03:43 PM
Friend

Default battery step down

I have two 6volt 1.2 ah SLA batteries ,how can or can I join them together and still get 6volts from the two but get 2.4 ah .
Old 21st May 2018, 05:48 PM
Friend

Put them in parralel rather than in series. Ie, positive to positive/negative to negative.
Not really a good idea though as different states of charge or health can cause large currents to flow...
Old 21st May 2018, 08:11 PM
Friend

yes I have two batteries the same, both are power sonic ps612 6volt 1.3amp hr sla so if I set them up in parallel they should not damage my 60 ct-4 battery pack , that runs on 6volt sla battery ..
Old 22nd May 2018, 08:14 PM
Friend

To use two batteries in parallel you might need to use diodes to prevent back flow in case one has slightly different internal resistance. The best option is to have a holder that fits one battery and when it runs down change the battery,
Old 22nd May 2018, 11:16 PM
Friend

thanks Chris and David ,I need the extra oomph for the flash to charge up faster ,I have a metz 7volt charger will it still work ,the two batteries I have are both the same and both brand new ,and where do I take the + and - both from one battery or one from each battery ..

thanks

www.essexcockney.com
Old 24th May 2018, 10:33 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by big paul View Post
thanks Chris and David ,I need the extra oomph for the flash to charge up faster ,I have a metz 7volt charger will it still work ,the two batteries I have are both the same and both brand new ,and where do I take the + and - both from one battery or one from each battery ..

thanks

www.essexcockney.com

The 'oomph' is the voltage (and also depends on internal resistance) , adding an extra battery will not increase the 'oomph'.
Old 24th May 2018, 11:44 AM
Friend

David thanks for your help. I also have two battery packs (for my two metz 60 ct-4)that have 5 NiCad batteries inside each pack that are dead so I have ordered like for like batteries so hopefully that will help me ,also I am having fun mucking about with them .I have re called two quantum 2 battery packs, and they are working well .sorry about my technical jargon ,but what I meant by oomph was amp hours .When I have finished I will let you know how I am getting on ,this is a good experiment to find the best way to keep the old Metz 60 CT going .

www.essexcockney.com
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies