Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > New products and offers

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 24th November 2018, 10:30 AM
Friend

Thanks-- I'm a 'Low Cost No Frills Snapper' so will give him some business -- !!
Old 24th November 2018, 07:21 PM
Friend

Another vote here for Sharif, I've used him 2 or 3 times and found his service to be first rate.

Ian
Old 24th November 2018, 11:07 PM
Friend

I too have found Sharif good to deal with. Have bought from him quite a few times.

Alan
Old 25th November 2018, 01:26 AM
Friend

I still find AG photographic the best all round on price ,and I can order all what I need from one place .and they help support FADU
Old 26th November 2018, 05:16 PM
Friend

I made an account and ordered from Sharif Photographic 50 sheets 16x12" Kentmere Fine Print VC GLOSSY and found it had gone UP £ 2 in price since i last looked a few days ago -- then i got an e-mail saying it is a 'Back order Item' -- do you think he will try to want a 'higher price' -- shipping is already over £7 odd inc Tax
Old 26th November 2018, 05:29 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by big paul View Post
I still find AG photographic the best all round on price ,and I can order all what I need from one place .and they help support FADU
I use AG too for some things, but for film, both B&W and colour, B&W paper and some chemicals, Morco are cheaper I bought 5 rolls of 120 FP4+ @ £4 a roll about 30p per roll cheaper than AG. The postage seems more reasonable too.
Old 26th November 2018, 07:02 PM
Friend

I tend to use just 2 suppliers, for film I phone Process Supplies, and find that there is no problems with losing VAT, and 99% of the time arrives next working, and carriage is good, just the cost of post, forpaper and chemistry, and other bits and pieces I order from Firstcall, again, carriage to Jersey is more, but cheaper than AG or Morco, at just £15, which is very reasonable to Jersey, and if you wait until you need a large order it is fine, and again I can phone the order though and it is here within 3 working days, I have ordered from AG in the past, but I find now on a lot of things they are getting expensive, carriage last time I ordered was £19 and I waited a week for my order to get here, so for the last few years I have gone back to Firstcall as simply put they just do what they promise without problems, and they always have
Richard
Old 27th November 2018, 07:34 AM
Friend

Default Process Supplies

I was in London last week and visited Process Supplies. Their premises are in a completely unassuming building but once inside the stock they have is terrific.

A very pleasant sales guy who was obviously more committed to film and darkroom than the 'D' world served me and I came away with more 120 film. It was more expensive than Morco, but as there was no postage involved it was cheaper.

I was also shown slides taken on the new Ektachrome and to say they were impressive would not quite fit the bill. Not the garish colours of Velvia but bright, punchy and very acceptable. It shows what a bit of technical development is capable of. They would knock the spots off any projected digital offering. If only it wasn't so expensive.
Old 27th November 2018, 03:49 PM
Friend

Talking of Black Friday I am not sure what the light conditions are like where you are in the U.K. but I could just about take a picture at mid-day today if Ilford were able to supply me with a film whose box speed is genuinely about 3200 minimum

Mike
Old 27th November 2018, 04:19 PM
Friend

sunday from Ilford I bought 20 rolls of Ilford delta, 10 of 100asa and 10 of 400asa both lots 120 both lots cost £45.61 per ten and 5ltrs of multigrade developer £19.69.and free PP ..
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies