Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > New products and offers

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 11th March 2020, 06:59 PM
Friend

Default fuji acros II now in the uk

just got a email from AG photographic:
https://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/fu...0-ii-188-c.asp
Old 11th March 2020, 07:27 PM
Friend

£10 a roll, twice the price of Ilford Delta 100, that is a no brainer for me, I will be buying Delta 100. Apart from the reciprocity of Acros there is not enough difference in the look of my prints for me to buy the Acros. I still have a fair amount of stock of the original Acros in my freezer, when its gone, its gone.
Old 11th March 2020, 07:31 PM
Friend

I’ve ordered five rolls of 120 as a treat (wife asked me want I wanted instead of an Easter egg this year )but at that price it’s probably a one-off, as you say there are definitely more affordable options. Sadly no Acros in my fridge or freezer
Old 11th March 2020, 07:43 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOldNorm View Post
£10 a roll, twice the price of Ilford Delta 100, that is a no brainer for me, I will be buying Delta 100. Apart from the reciprocity of Acros there is not enough difference in the look of my prints for me to buy the Acros. I still have a fair amount of stock of the original Acros in my freezer, when its gone, its gone.
if you want to sell some as easter treats im here lol. i do miss the 2min reciprocity for night photography.

you are very right about difference in prints. i also have found a massive difference in scans and prints. prints being superior.
Old 11th March 2020, 07:47 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInElland View Post
I’ve ordered five rolls of 120 as a treat (wife asked me want I wanted instead of an Easter egg this year )but at that price it’s probably a one-off, as you say there are definitely more affordable options. Sadly no Acros in my fridge or freezer
loool your wife if defiantly a keeper. who needs easter eggs when you can get a 5 pack of acros.
Old 11th March 2020, 08:35 PM
Friend

I used a number of former 120 Acros on a holiday in Yorkshire several years ago when the price of it was "normal" i.e. roughly the same as D100/400. It was OK but not from what I could see, notably better than the latter or dare I say it, not notably better than HP5+ in the size of prints I do plus Acros lacks that famous attribute needed in the U.K. most of the year, namely 400 speed.

The new Acros is the same as the old Acros to all intents and purposes. Indeed a person who regards himself as "the person in the know in matter film on another site was shouting "Rejoice" that the new Acros was just as good as the old Acros. The premium was allegedly worth paying for the privilege of the resurrection of a former film
Compared to the three other films already mentioned the only quality of Acros that stands out is its long exposure without reciprocity failure and given that I have never needed this quality as yet in about 17 years the premium being charged is way beyond the benefits it confers on my photography

So my dalliance, such as it was, is now over. The wife is pleased as I won't need to sell her into white slavery to pay for a film I can happily live without

My sympathy to those whose photography does extend into long exposure. I just wish I felt more confident that they are not being exploited.

Mike
Old 11th March 2020, 09:24 PM
Friend

Stuff the reciprocity, I just like the black of acros...

but not enough to do 10quid a roll on it

Old 12th March 2020, 09:02 AM
Friend

Fortunately I still have a stash of the old Acros in my fridge awaiting that special project to come along, so the new Acros won't tempt me.

The reciprocity of Acros is nice to have but I have no problem with films that are otherwise and are more affordable. Threre's many good
reciprocity charts out there including some very good free reciprocity Apps. After all it only takes a few seconds to make a reciprocity adjustment.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 12th March 2020, 01:04 PM
Friend

I still have 10 rolls (2 packs) in the freezer unopened, iv,e never tried acros in 120 before, i doubt iit will replace fp4+ though
£10 a roll is daylight robbery
Old 13th March 2020, 08:38 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&W Neil View Post
Fortunately I still have a stash of the old Acros in my fridge awaiting that special project to come along, so the new Acros won't tempt me.

The reciprocity of Acros is nice to have but I have no problem with films that are otherwise and are more affordable. Threre's many good
reciprocity charts out there including some very good free reciprocity Apps. After all it only takes a few seconds to make a reciprocity adjustment.

Neil.
Have you got a link to any of those reciprocity apps or can recommend one?
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies