Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > New products and offers

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 14th March 2020, 01:16 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmuir View Post
Ilford published the revised reciprocity tables last year. The Reciprocity Timer app seems to use the old recommendations. I don’t know if there’s any plan to update it. The times for other manufacturers films presumably remain as before.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
oh ok. thanks for updating me on this.
Old 14th March 2020, 01:16 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInElland View Post
Mike, I have an iPhone XR with a basic calculator, however if you turn the phone into landscape orientation the basic calculator becomes a scientific calculator with the all important Xy function.
Thanks for that, just tested on my iphone 6 and it works.
Old 14th March 2020, 01:30 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInElland View Post
Mike, I have an iPhone XR with a basic calculator, however if you turn the phone into landscape orientation the basic calculator becomes a scientific calculator with the all important Xy function.
If your phones have a native spreadsheet utility (like a mini Excel for phones) then presumably you could write a formula and save it to a file to use again and again. You would then just have to plug in one number and it would spit out your answer. Would save a lot of fussing about with a calculator. I use such a utility quite often on my Blackberry for my work when I'm out in the field, and it's a huge time saver.
Old 14th March 2020, 02:10 PM
Friend

I just made a little table on a spreadsheet with the left hand column for meter readings,1,2,3,5,6,7,8,9,10,12,15,30,45 60 seconds 2min 4min,the next four columns for the four different factors headed by the relevent films. Printed out and stuck on a 90mm by 150 card and keep this in my bag and instant answers without the need of calulator or phone. Do the calculations once at home fill in the columns job done.
Tony
Old 14th March 2020, 03:30 PM
Friend

Tony - I also have my tables on cards which I find are much easier to use on beaches / moors etc. The phone apps are good but it's another thing to fiddle with and maybe drop on a rock!

Neil.

Neil Souch
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies