Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 17th August 2022, 02:32 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&W Neil View Post
My print was posted yesterday.

Neil.
My apologies Neil, but I have been laid up with a bug, which has made me very lethargic, making me fall behind with my mail, so I hereby acknowledge receipt of your print for the PE July 2022 round.

Neil has sent to me a lovely print, made from his negative files, taken about 15 years ago he says, which proves the importance of giving negatives a good wash at the end of processing. It was taken in the Lake District at Ullswater, neither of which I have managed to visit and am unlikely to now, being mobility challenged.

The print consists of the grass bank as foreground and a short length of fence going into some very still water. What purpose the fence has I can't imagine.

It has been printed from a 6 x 7 'stained negative', something I have never tried. It has been printed on Ilford's RC Classic, which I have a box of, still unopened. Looking at this print, I must do a print on my usual paper, alongside one done on Classic, as I like the tones in this print very much.

Apologies once more Neil.

Terry S
Old 18th August 2022, 02:27 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
My apologies Neil, but I have been laid up with a bug, which has made me very lethargic, making me fall behind with my mail, so I hereby acknowledge receipt of your print for the PE July 2022 round.

Neil has sent to me a lovely print, made from his negative files, taken about 15 years ago he says, which proves the importance of giving negatives a good wash at the end of processing. It was taken in the Lake District at Ullswater, neither of which I have managed to visit and am unlikely to now, being mobility challenged.

The print consists of the grass bank as foreground and a short length of fence going into some very still water. What purpose the fence has I can't imagine.

It has been printed from a 6 x 7 'stained negative', something I have never tried. It has been printed on Ilford's RC Classic, which I have a box of, still unopened. Looking at this print, I must do a print on my usual paper, alongside one done on Classic, as I like the tones in this print very much.

Apologies once more Neil.

Terry S

Thank you, Terry.

The purpose of the fence extending into the water is to prevent live stock
swimming / wading around the fence to feed off the adjacent pasture.

Clever stuff!

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 19th August 2022, 06:10 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
My offering has finally been sent.
Terry S
Hi Terry,
Now we are in for global supply chain issues. Finally your two nice prints made it to Breisach. Postage congratulating the great English women football team on July 31st and letter going by airmail took 20 days.
But now I very much enjoy two wonderful images of a very nice place. Lucky you having it around the corner. I have not tried the satin MGV, but it is really impressive.
Thanks and best wishes,
Frank
Old 22nd August 2022, 12:47 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanFrank View Post
Finally your two nice prints made it to Breisach. Postage congratulating the great English women football team on July 31st and letter going by airmail took 20 days.
But now I very much enjoy two wonderful images of a very nice place. Lucky you having it around the corner. I have not tried the satin MGV, but it is really impressive.
Thanks and best wishes,
Frank
Hi Frank, I'm glad to see that you have finally received the two postcard prints that I sent to you. I had penciled in my diary to reprint them for you this week, if they hadn't been received, so you've given me a bit of extra time now to print up something for the August 2022 PE round.

Many thanks for your kind comments and you should definitely try a small box to start, of Ilford's RC Satin surface, for like you, many people are quite surprised and actually like it when they see it for the first time.

As for postal times, 14 to 21 days to reach Europe now seems an average time we in the UK have to wait for the receiver to get a letter.

In fact, the longest time so far, was to get an ' Un-deliverable' letter sent to Italy. It was finally returned to me SIX MONTHS after initially sending it. Luckily I always put my return address on things, otherwise I would never have known.

And I have just now put the two prints into the gallery, whilst the next months round, of August 2022, is under way:

http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.or...php/photo/3085

http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.or...php/photo/3086

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies