Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 19th August 2022, 05:45 PM
Friend

Default Ilford Multigrade Developer

The 'new kid on the block for darkroom processing' WEX photographic, on their website have 5 litre size of MG developer for sale at almost a fiver cheaper than AG. They have a branch about 8 miles away from me so it will be a lot cheaper because I won't have to pay for a courier.
Old 19th August 2022, 06:04 PM
Friend

Wex took over Calumet, who themselves had absorbed Leeds Photo Visual as well as other companies. They always sold film & chemistry through their outlets.

Ian
Old 19th August 2022, 09:09 PM
Friend

Yes and virtually stopped selling film etc. because of the upheaval caused by Digital sales until they re-invented themselves and have now done an almost a carbon copy of Jessops growth calling themselves the largest photo outlet in UK. If they want to undercut other chemical prices I am going to take advantage
Old 20th August 2022, 11:56 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by John King View Post
The 'new kid on the block for darkroom processing' WEX photographic, on their website have 5 litre size of MG developer for sale at almost a fiver cheaper than AG.
Thanks for letting us know John. If other film and darkroom items prices are also lower than others, I will definitely consider them when making my next order, for I never even thought of looking at their website previously, as I thought they were totally digi. And just checking films, I think their prices MAY be slightly lower than the supplier of my last order. Must also check their price of p/p and minimum order size for free p/p

Browsing, I did find it amusing though, that they refer to darkroom paper as 'Wet paper'...

https://www.wexphotovideo.com/wet-pa...cet.version=V2

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies