Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 6th March 2022, 12:47 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by snusmumriken View Post
Coincidentally ... have you all seen this post on another forum?
Wow! This poster has some very optimistic prices!! It'll be interesting to see if anyone actually offers the full asking price.

And compared to the offer on this site from the OP, now looks even more generous. What a great set of members we have on here, with regular offers and help. Long may it continue.

Terry S
Old 6th March 2022, 01:11 PM
Friend

Jonathan,
Developer turned up yesterday but I didn't get time to post properly.
Many thanks, and I was surprised when it showed up. The bottles are teeny. Each makes 600 ml of working solution, and I'd somehow imagined them being bigger. Just brain failure- I use PMK and it only needs 15ml of the concentrates to make 500 working.

I'm reading up on Tech Pan just now, and I'll look for a project where I can make my one roll count. If indeed it gives a medium format (some say LF) look to 35mm then the trick will to use where my 35mm kit has an advantage- I have wider and longer lenses in 35mm than any other format, so thinking about some long lens (400 and 500mm) landscape work.

Once again, many thanks Jonathan
Old 15th March 2022, 05:45 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
Jonathan,
Developer turned up yesterday but I didn't get time to post properly.
Many thanks, and I was surprised when it showed up. The bottles are teeny. Each makes 600 ml of working solution, and I'd somehow imagined them being bigger. Just brain failure- I use PMK and it only needs 15ml of the concentrates to make 500 working.

I'm reading up on Tech Pan just now, and I'll look for a project where I can make my one roll count. If indeed it gives a medium format (some say LF) look to 35mm then the trick will to use where my 35mm kit has an advantage- I have wider and longer lenses in 35mm than any other format, so thinking about some long lens (400 and 500mm) landscape work.

Once again, many thanks Jonathan
My pleasure, Colin, I hope it gives you some fun. I reckon you will need some very calm conditions to use Tech Pan for landscape with long lenses! But please do show us what you manage to achieve. All the best.

http://www.allmyeye.co.uk
Old 16th March 2022, 01:10 AM
Friend

Hi Jonathan.
I have already looked at some possible images which my MF and LF kits can't manage: the war memorial from a distance, set against the hills of Harris. Moon-rise over the mainland from Lewis. The dunes at Luskentyre from (maybe) Seilebost.
I have lenses in the 300 to 500mm range, and a good tripod, but of course these lenses have max apertures of f5.6 to f8- stopping down a couple of stops for sharpness takes me to f11-16.
ISO 12(ish) then means exposure times of around 1/15 sec in full sun, and 1/2 sec or less in gloomy conditions. And of course, 'bad light' is often the most interesting to shoot in.
Trying not to overthink this, but I don't want to go out and just burn up the film on random imaging which I could have done on any other film.

If I actually get anything even half-ways worthwhile I will certainly post it
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies