Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Sale or Wanted

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 17th March 2022, 08:06 PM
Friend

Default Minolta Autocord TLR [SOLD]

I have a Minolta Autocord 6 x 6 TLR camera which some years ago was given to me as a gift by a retired wedding photographer. It has some issues-firstly the flip up magnifier for the viewing screen has lost its spring so it does not snap into place. in bright conditions you may be able to get away without using it or you could hold it in place with a finger.
Secondly, the shutter has been sticky at times in the past, in colder weather if I remember correctly. I have just tested it indoors and it is working at all shutter speeds. I have not put a film through it for almost a decade. As far as I can tell it has no lens fungus but I am not an expert.

Given its age (1950s I think) and the issues above it could benefit from a service by a camera technician. If you are willing to pay for postage or collect it from me in Tyne and Wear it is yours.

PM if interested

Les Dix
Old 17th March 2022, 08:20 PM
Friend

LeS, sorry to see your divesting of your kit.
I have a fondness for Minolta kit, up til now all 35mm.
I'd be very interested in seeing if a service revised this camera. Also happy to cover both postage and a 'refreshment' or two in return for her.
Old 18th March 2022, 07:04 AM
Friend

The camera now has a new home
Old 16th May 2022, 06:43 PM
Friend

Les Dix was good enough to send this camera my way.
I put one test roll through it, and discovered the shutter fires about 50/50. A bit of exercise improved that somewhat, but not to the point of reliability.
The camera is going of for a service (hopefully) this week.

I attach a scan of a print I made from the test roll. It's my back gate, looking out onto my neighbours croft. Taken on HP5, tripod, about f11.
On the left of the gate are the hinges. Under a 10x loupe you can not only see the screws holding the hinges to the concrete gate post, but you can see the screws are Philips cross-head type!
Nothing wrong that performance.

I'd forgotten just how good it was to handle a compact 6x6 TLR. No, not as versatile as my C330 but this camera actually goes in a pocket. I'm looking forward to having her back repaired.
Many, many thanks to Les.

ps- scan doesn't do it justice!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gate test.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	4411  
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies