Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Negative Printing Exchange

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 29th April 2022, 08:20 AM
Friend

Good Morning to all.
This is just a quick bump to keep the thread visible for occasional visitors.

Taking Part so far:
TerryS (who I believe has been in for every Round except number 1)
Rob Archer (who was in for Round 1)
Uwe Pilz (been in for rounds 6 and 7 of the resurrected Neg exchange, and a Print exchange regular)
Reginald S (welcome on-board for the first time).

There's still a couple of weeks for those undecided to consider joining, and I suspect that those already in are planning which negatives to work with.
All the best,
Colin
Old 30th April 2022, 11:49 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
There's still a couple of weeks for those undecided to consider joining, and I suspect that those already in are planning which negatives to work with.
Colin, while asking for opening the rules a bit, I had in mind hopefully gaining some new subscribers in this way, too.

Participants already climbed from 100 to 200 % now, but if of any interest here, I could make an extra offer:

I'm willing to throw in a 5x4 inches paper negative as a negative which will need some contact printing from my partner.
Contact printing is simply possible with the enlarger.

It would be allowed to be very creative, to paint, scratch or otherway mistread the paper neg, I don't need it back..
Old 14th May 2022, 05:48 PM
Friend

Good evening all.
First. My thanks to everyone for being too kind to point out there was in fact no Friday 11-05-22 (as in my first post). Yesterday was, of course, the thirteenth of May.
The list is now closed for Round 8 of the exchange. We have:

TerryS
Uwe Pilz
Rob Archer
Reginald S

This will allow 2 pairs, and I'll go back and confirm what format everyone can accept and is likely to send. PMs out shortly.
Good luck everyone.
Old 16th May 2022, 06:12 PM
Friend

Good evening everyone.
PMs are out, so everyone should have the contact details of their exchange partner and what size of negatives that can accept.
If I've missed any important information for anyone please message me.

Unfortunately, we are already having some repeat pairings as the a small number of names can only be mixed up so many ways.
I'm pleased to say we have a new participant, Reginald S, who is a LF user. For this round I've paired with him as I can print LF, and most folk on this round are 35mm/ 6x6.
I'll also pair with another member to make sure everyone has a partner.

As always, any difficulties with deadlines I'm just a PM away.
Good luck everyone.
Colin
Old 19th May 2022, 05:12 AM
Friend

I just sent my neg and print out to Rob. I selected a shot of the Gedächtniskirche Schönefeld which I made a few days ago.. This is the church where Robert Schumann and Clara Wieck married in 1840. It is close to where I live.

The wiki page of the church is only available in German, sorry.
Old 1st June 2022, 06:49 AM
Friend

My print and his negative is now on the way to scottish islands.
All the best,
Reginald
Old 1st June 2022, 02:40 PM
Friend

Thanks for the updates from everyone. My own confession is that I won't get my negatives posted until the start of next week. In the Airport just now heading to see Queen (no, not HER, Queen the band) in concert. Won't be checking in here for a couple of days. Enjoy the weekend everyone.
Old 2nd June 2022, 11:24 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
My own confession is that I won't get my negatives posted until the start of next week. In the Airport just now heading to see Queen (no, not HER, Queen the band) in concert. Enjoy the weekend everyone.
I'm hoping to start on my negative over the weekend-ish, so mine too will be a few more days before being posted. I'll update as and when.

As for the Queen concert, I did look at a few dates myself, but the prices were ridiculous, and too be honest I'm not too keen on the new guy. Nothing beats dearly departed Freddie, but I'm sure everyone there will enjoy the concert Skellum, and I'm sure the band will be great.

Terry S
Old 13th June 2022, 07:19 PM
Friend

Good evening all.

As the instigator of this thread I come to hang my head in shame.
I have negatives and print to send out, but have had a fairly demanding run of complications with family stuff (of all generations). This is my first night off in more than a week, so my apologies to both TerryS and Reginald, with a promise to make up my parcels and get them out asap.
This will leave them both with a tighter time-scale to print, so perhaps we should look at whether or not the date to return negs needs massaged?
Old 14th June 2022, 04:23 AM
Friend

I did not hear anything of Rob. My negatives should be arrived. Are they?
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies