Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 29th June 2022, 04:36 AM
Friend

Yesterday I got tow very beautiful prints from Frank (PanFrank). Both are flowers.

The rose is a contact print from a large format photograph, taken in some kind of studio. I like the subtle values of gray here.

The second is the blossom of a magnolia, taken outdoors with a Hasselblad camera. The blossoms stand very well against the dark background. I love the heavy baryta paper (Adox MCC).

My wife is a biologist and loves plants and their blooms. They enjoyed the prints very much too.
Old 29th June 2022, 03:25 PM
Friend

Thank you very much for your kind words, Uwe. I am glad you like them, though I have to apologize for the spots. I never really got into retouching yet. Hope to get there soon. I upload the images, but the magnolia blossom is another version on MGV RC in 18x24cm, because the bigger print in 24x30cm does not fit on my scanner. It gives an idea about the subject.
Old 30th June 2022, 04:07 AM
Friend

Dear Frank, I already spotted them
I always have a 000-brush and some dry blots of Spotone at my desk.
Old 30th June 2022, 01:22 PM
Friend

Phew!! My effort has finally been put into the post today.

Terry S
Old 30th June 2022, 05:28 PM
Print Exchange Manager

My contribution has also made it into the post at the last minute.

Mike
Old 2nd July 2022, 03:19 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyNL View Post
My envelope is on its way...
Hi Martin,
Thank you very much for these two very beautiful prints. Your intentions worked out exceptionally well. I really love this highly interesting depth from foreground to background, which is achieved by the high-key approach. I like both of them as they are. The rocks photo is also brilliant in portrait orientation.
Best wishes, Frank
Old 2nd July 2022, 03:39 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanFrank View Post
Hi Martin,
Thank you very much for these two very beautiful prints. Your intentions worked out exceptionally well. I really love this highly interesting depth from foreground to background, which is achieved by the high-key approach. I like both of them as they are. The rocks photo is also brilliant in portrait orientation.
Best wishes, Frank
Cheers, Frank.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 5th July 2022, 06:27 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Gould View Post
Posted mine today
Richard
And received today!
Richard sent me three beautifully sepia toned prints.

The first was taken with a Balda Super Baldax and depicts a boat at the shoreline of the sea.
The sun was placed just outside the frame, still making for a very bright (but not washed out) sky on the right-hand side. Very interesting!
Printed borderless on Ilford Classic FB paper in square format, which suits this print well.

Secondly, there's a large print of a mouse carved out of a wooden log. Also medium format, (an Ensign Autorange 645, which I'm not familiar with), focussed perfectly on the mouse's eye.
It's printed on Art300 paper, which I find a really beautiful paper. If only it wasn't so darn expensive these days!

The third print, a stunning seascape, was taken with a Canon A1 + 28mm Sigma lens and printed on Ilford Classic FB paper.
It's a very dark and moody print. (and I really really am a big fan of those!)
I think I like this photo the most, but the mouse has a very close 2nd place!

It's interesting to see the Foma Sepia toner in action in this print exchange, as I have had a Foma kit in stock for almost a year now, but never got around to try it myself. Your prints are a good motivation to go ahead and try it myself!

Thank you for these beautiful prints, all three are very much appreciated and I'm glad I can add them to my collection.
Old 8th July 2022, 02:21 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
Phew!! My effort has finally been put into the post today.

Terry S
And was waiting for me when I got back today from a short rest in France, two very small but lovely prints taken with a compact camera, one of a seascape with a very impressive pile of hanging wraic (Seaweed) on a railing, was it taken after a storm? and the second taken in a wildlife park, love the way it is looking at me straight in the eyes,as if to say what are you up to.
Love them and a great addition to my collection Thanks Terry.
Richard
Old 8th July 2022, 02:31 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzNL View Post
And received today!
Richard sent me three beautifully sepia toned prints.

The first was taken with a Balda Super Baldax and depicts a boat at the shoreline of the sea.
The sun was placed just outside the frame, still making for a very bright (but not washed out) sky on the right-hand side. Very interesting!
Printed borderless on Ilford Classic FB paper in square format, which suits this print well.

Secondly, there's a large print of a mouse carved out of a wooden log. Also medium format, (an Ensign Autorange 645, which I'm not familiar with), focussed perfectly on the mouse's eye.
It's printed on Art300 paper, which I find a really beautiful paper. If only it wasn't so darn expensive these days!

The third print, a stunning seascape, was taken with a Canon A1 + 28mm Sigma lens and printed on Ilford Classic FB paper.
It's a very dark and moody print. (and I really really am a big fan of those!)
I think I like this photo the most, but the mouse has a very close 2nd place!

It's interesting to see the Foma Sepia toner in action in this print exchange, as I have had a Foma kit in stock for almost a year now, but never got around to try it myself. Your prints are a good motivation to go ahead and try it myself!

Thank you for these beautiful prints, all three are very much appreciated and I'm glad I can add them to my collection.
Thanks Buzz, glad you like them, the Ensign is an English camera, Ensign was a old camera maker, and the Autorange was a small camera with built in coupled range finder, the smallest in the Ensign range, as they never made an 35mm.
Richard
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies