Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 22nd July 2022, 11:15 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanFrank View Post
Posted my print today.
Frank
And they’re now in my lap.

Frank and I, coincidentally, have both been playing around with high-key photography. It’s nice to know I’m not alone in my struggles!
The image itself, is an industrial landscape, shot using his century old 18x24cm plate camera and then contact printed. Beautiful!

We all know there’re much easier ways to produce images, why do we do it!

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 23rd July 2022, 06:18 PM
Friend

Hi Marty,
I am glad you like it. My wife was wondering how I got to make a print that rather resembles a drawing and I told her "eventually". :-) I had an idea how it may work with split grade printing, but it took a few versions until I was reasonably happy.
Frank
Old 25th July 2022, 04:16 PM
Friend

Mine, went into the post, today.

- Minor White, 1950
Old 26th July 2022, 02:51 PM
Print Exchange Manager

My offering has made it into the post.

Mike
Old 27th July 2022, 11:25 AM
Friend

Posted my prints today
Richard
Old 27th July 2022, 01:28 PM
Friend

I just received a beautiful print from MartyNL. It shows a Chrischruch in New Zealand.

I am very impressed by that print. It was taken at a summer day, like we have now here in the Northern Hemisphere. There were two shadows cast against the wall of the church, one of the porch and one of a small tree. Both shadows have peculiarities: The of the porch clearly shows his cross, and the tree has a bunch of old foliage or even a larger bird at it: I could not say which it was.
The photograph was printed on MG IV FB, a paper I like much. Unfortunately, I did not print on that paper by myself.

Thank you, Martin.
Old 27th July 2022, 02:08 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Pilz View Post
I just received a beautiful print from MartyNL. It shows a Chrischruch in New Zealand.

I am very impressed by that print. It was taken at a summer day, like we have now here in the Northern Hemisphere. There were two shadows cast against the wall of the church, one of the porch and one of a small tree. Both shadows have peculiarities: The of the porch clearly shows his cross, and the tree has a bunch of old foliage or even a larger bird at it: I could not say which it was.
The photograph was printed on MG IV FB, a paper I like much. Unfortunately, I did not print on that paper by myself.

Thank you, Martin.
I'm pleased it arrived safely and I was curious about your opinion. Many thanks, Martin

- Minor White, 1950
Old 29th July 2022, 07:50 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHeller View Post
My offering has made it into the post.
Mike
And got delivered today.
Mike has sent me a nice print of a street in Palacios del Alcor, Spain. Its buildings are mostly in ruins and that makes it all the more interesting.
The photo was taken early in the morning, showing somewhat harsh shadows from the buildings. The result is a nice contrasty print.

Thanks Mike, I really appreciate this one!

Mike states that the film went through several hand luggage x-ray checks and that he was afraid of possible damage. He even re-rolled the film in Shirley Wellard cassettes for that (I had to google them because I've never heard of them before )
We've recently traveled to the Canary Islands and back, where I've shot several rolls of Delta 400 and HP5, all without any issues. We did fly from Brussels rather than Amsterdam (where they seem to have these nasty CT scanners),so that may have helped a lot...
Old 30th July 2022, 12:13 PM
Friend

My offering has finally been sent.

Terry S
Old 30th July 2022, 06:40 PM
Print Exchange Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Gould View Post
Posted my prints today
Richard

And arrived today. Three prints taken from Richard's archive because the heat rendered his D/R unusable. A print of a rather gruesome carved pumpkin from a negative taken with a Leica IIIf. I have inherited my father's IIIf and I should exercise it. I think that the Leica III series of cameras are the most aesthetic pleasing 35mm cameras ever made. The other two prints are sea related; one of a fisherman, his rod and tripod on a beach and a large sky with interesting clouds or vapour trails in various states of disintegration and the other is of a coiled rope and buoy lobsterpot marker.

Thanks very much, Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies