Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Negative Printing Exchange

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 14th June 2022, 05:44 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
As the instigator of this thread I come to hang my head in shame.
I have negatives and print to send out, but have had a fairly demanding run of complications with family stuff (of all generations). This is my first night off in more than a week, so my apologies to both TerryS and Reginald, with a promise to make up my parcels and get them out asap.
This will leave them both with a tighter time-scale to print, so perhaps we should look at whether or not the date to return negs needs massaged?
I'm in a similar sort of situation. I have printed up from my negative, but now it's a matter of finding time to bag it all up and send it all on it's jolly way.

Extending the timeline has always been accepted as something that may happen in these rounds, so I'm quite happy to receive a negative to print, as when you are ready to send it Skellum.

I don't think that there should have to be such a tight schedule as there is with the print exchanges.

I hope everything gets sorted for you.

Terry S
Old 14th June 2022, 10:09 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
Good evening all.

This will leave them both with a tighter time-scale to print

If express sailing your neg&print to germany will take nearly 10 days as delivering my neg&print by horseriding from germany to the islands (please note that german mail horses do have two hp each!) , the remaining time could be short.

To me, listening to Buddha's oriental wisdom helps out in this special situation:

"If the mailhorse becomes tired, then the mailhorse becomes tired".

Which could be translated to the more oxidental meaning:
What ever happened to all the mailservices thisadays - I am glad to receive a negative and a print from the other side of the world, I am happy to take part in the negative exchange, and I would like to feel good while seeing happy families and grinning printers on all scottish islands.

So time becomes a fluctuating factor - sometimes in a hurry, sometimes sneaking away like a thief, but by no means disturbing my
little peace:

I will print the negative during the remaining time, but if I get into trouble, please let me ask for some extra days.

Reginald
Old 20th June 2022, 04:06 PM
Friend

I have just taken my offering to the post office and sent it by first class post, with today being Monday 20th June 2022.

Terry S
Old 2nd July 2022, 12:36 PM
Friend

Dear folks,

I am in trouble a bit.
Since no negative to work with came in, I have totally fallen out of time from now.

The whole Juli our company has to do busy things.
The last days we prepared - and the next week we will further prepare - our annually festival for children in holiday which will run for three weeks.
Hard working, fulltime, neither time nor the mood for entering my darkroom.

All the best,
Reginald
Old 2nd July 2022, 12:42 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
I have just taken my offering to the post office and sent it by first class post, with today being Monday 20th June 2022.

Terry S
@Skellum.

Sorry to have to ask, as I know you stated that you have been having family issues to sort out.

But could you just confirm my envelope has been received please?

I tried to PM you but I then get a message to say your Inbox is full...

Once I know that you have received it, there is no rush for you to print my negative or to send your negative, as I know these things can take up much time.

All the best,

Terry S
Old 6th July 2022, 08:51 PM
Friend

Finally got my print and neg done. It should be in the post tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get a chance to start work on my partner's negative over the weekend before it gets too hot next week!
Old 23rd July 2022, 09:23 AM
Friend

I just received a letter from Rob. The negative looks promising. I write some words here when I made my print and opened the envelope.
Old 23rd July 2022, 03:41 PM
Friend

We had a rainy day, and I was in the darkroom. My version of the print is in the letterbox and all the way to Norfolk. Rob, I hope you enjoy it!

I have scans here and will show them if Rob has received my letter.
Old 30th July 2022, 06:24 AM
Friend

A few days ago, I made a print from Rob's negative. I was very surprised when I opened the closed envelope and compared my print with his. We had a very different feeling how the negative should be interpreted. This is a very good example, what is the negative exchange for.

I put both prints in the gallery.

~

I just saw there is no gallery for exchange No 8. I put them in the one of No. 7 preliminary.

Last edited by Uwe Pilz; 30th July 2022 at 06:30 AM.
Old 6th August 2022, 11:36 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
@Skellum.

..I tried to PM you ..
Terry, did you get an answer from Skellum?
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies