Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 30th May 2021, 07:47 PM
Friend

Thanks both. Tony is that the Wilkinson's chain that sells nearly everything except food? Are they the actual Sharpies which as Bob says are a brand name or just their equivalent of a Sharpie

Good to know that they do extra fine as I have always found felt tips to be anything but sharp in terms of their points

Mike
Old 31st May 2021, 09:58 AM
Print Exchange Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Marlow View Post
Have you tried a Sharpie pen?

Tony
I use the Stabilo 'Write-4-all' Permanent fine felt tip that I got in, or ordered to pick up in WH Smith. It writes perfectly on the back of RC Prints but does take a few minutes to dry properly.

Mike
Old 31st May 2021, 11:10 AM
Friend

Quote:
Tony is that the Wilkinson's chain that sells nearly everything except food?
Yes thats where I bought them. I am sure they are the ones Bob spoke of. They are labelled Sharpie permanent, For markingeverywhere, newell brand made in the USA Ultra Fine. I paid £4 for a pack of two which is a lot cheaper than I have seen in other places. They work fine on resin paper dry vitually instantly and don't wash out.

Tony
Old 31st May 2021, 12:08 PM
Friend

A few months ago I picked up a couple of IDENTI PEN Permanent markers from one of the major UK supermarkets. I forget which one.
They are available at Cult Pens four for the price of three at the moment.
I have just ordered a few more as they are forever going missing.

The American advert for Sakura cannot give them enough praise.
They have a coarse and fine point at either end. Do not wash off in chemicals, and work fine on Ilford R.C. papers, front or back.

https://www.cultpens.com/i/q/SK20999/sakura-identi-pen

Cheers.
Old 31st May 2021, 12:10 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Marlow View Post
Have you tried a Sharpie pen?

Tony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
What are these, Tony?

Mike

Once seen, never forgotten Mike.

Quote:
Terry, your link looks useful. I take it that these are labels you buy that are perforated that you then simply peel from the backing and stick to the postcard?

You can then draws lines and write the correspondence with any pen as it is ordinary paper you are writing on...

Mike
Exactly that Mike. I mostly use them for a postcard exchange and at christmas, addressing all the envelopes.

Quote:
Thanks both. Tony is that the Wilkinson's chain that sells nearly everything except food?

Good to know that they do extra fine as I have always found felt tips to be anything but sharp in terms of their points

Mike
I can imagine Wilko's selling them, as they sell most other things. It's one of my favourite shops, since we lost Woolworths.

And despite having bought and used loads of them over the years (and they do last a long time), I have never consciously seen a 'fine' point one, just the standard ones and packs of coloured ones. They may cost a little more than other markers, but they're well worth it, for their longevity at least.

Terry S
Old 31st May 2021, 01:30 PM
Friend

Thanks, yes the one I found at Wilkinson's says Sharpie Ultra Fine Black and there are 2 in the pack for £2 so Tony if they are the same then seemingly they are now half the price that you paid.

Mike
Old 31st May 2021, 04:55 PM
Friend

It’s the same price I paid £2 for a pack of two.

Tony
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies