Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 15th November 2021, 01:27 PM
Friend

Mine went away today in the post.

Tony
Old 16th November 2021, 09:31 AM
Print Exchange Manager

My offering is in the post.

Mike
Old 17th November 2021, 03:49 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzNL View Post
Mine just got posted as well!
And received with thanks Buzz. (Apologies but I've been busy and fallen behind with my mail.)

As well as a great 10" x 8" of a forest and lake, with the welcome addition of a horse and it's rider stopping to drink, Buzz has been kind enough to return to his darkroom, to provide me with two supplementary postcard size prints, printed on Ilford's MGV RC SATIN paper. I must have mentioned once or twice somewhere, how underrated I think that this paper is and how much I like it...

Both of the two postcards contain Highland cattle, which are one of my favourite animals, of which I saw a few whilst living in Scotland, some time ago now. One print is very dark and Buzz admits to have found it hard to print, as both the mother and her young were in the shadow of the forest. To be honest Buzz, even under bright light I find them hard to spot, but thanks for the effort involved, for most of us would have given up much sooner, I think.

The second postcard print is my favourite of the three prints, as I do love Highland cattle and this print is a lovely head and shoulders portrait of one, looking straight at the camera as well. A great shot indeed!

So, thank you once more for all the effort that you put in to your prints for me. They are all much appreciated.

Terry S
Old 18th November 2021, 06:39 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
And received with thanks Buzz. (Apologies but I've been busy and fallen behind with my mail.)

As well as a great 10" x 8" of a forest and lake, with the welcome addition of a horse and it's rider stopping to drink, Buzz has been kind enough to return to his darkroom, to provide me with two supplementary postcard size prints, printed on Ilford's MGV RC SATIN paper. I must have mentioned once or twice somewhere, how underrated I think that this paper is and how much I like it...

Both of the two postcards contain Highland cattle, which are one of my favourite animals, of which I saw a few whilst living in Scotland, some time ago now. One print is very dark and Buzz admits to have found it hard to print, as both the mother and her young were in the shadow of the forest. To be honest Buzz, even under bright light I find them hard to spot, but thanks for the effort involved, for most of us would have given up much sooner, I think.

The second postcard print is my favourite of the three prints, as I do love Highland cattle and this print is a lovely head and shoulders portrait of one, looking straight at the camera as well. A great shot indeed!

So, thank you once more for all the effort that you put in to your prints for me. They are all much appreciated.

Terry S
Thanks for your kind words, Terry! And indeed, you're solely responsible for me wanting to print more on satin paper...
It's been a real struggle to get the mother with her young printed even half decent, but I thought I'd throw it in anyway.
A good reason for me to go back to this place next spring, to hopefully capture a better version.
I'll upload them to the gallery later today!
Old 18th November 2021, 09:43 AM
Friend

Print gone this morning
Old 18th November 2021, 12:58 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzNL View Post
Thanks for your kind words, Terry! And indeed, you're solely responsible for me wanting to print more on satin paper...
My pleasure Buzz.

And great to hear that you want to print more on RC satin paper now and I hope to slowly convert a few others, given time.

Terry S
Old 21st November 2021, 06:30 AM
Friend

I just received a real wonderful print form Mike Heller. He photographed fresh shorn sheep in a shelter at an rather cold day. Most impressing was one of the sheep looked directly to Mike or it's camera.

Thank you very much
Old 22nd November 2021, 12:38 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMiller View Post
Mine went away today in the post.
And it’s been in my my hands since the weekend, Tony, sorry about the delay!

What I really like about the print exchange rounds is that you don’t just get a send and receive photo’s but that you get to tell and hear more about the photographers journey and the process behind each of the images.
Tony’s sent an 8x10” contact print, made with a diy camera, on Foma film, using a brass lens with the lens cap as shutter and guessing the exposure! It’s turned out exceptionally well, also by his own admission, and in many ways, the whole journey chimes with my own which makes it all the more personal.

Great to see you back in the PE rounds, Tony, and many thanks for the print and the inspiration!

Regards,
Martin

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 22nd November 2021, 01:13 PM
Friend

Thanks Martin, it's definitely a journey - but an enjoyable one. Good luck with yours too!
Tony
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyNL View Post
And it’s been in my my hands since the weekend, Tony, sorry about the delay!

What I really like about the print exchange rounds is that you don’t just get a send and receive photo’s but that you get to tell and hear more about the photographers journey and the process behind each of the images.
Tony’s sent an 8x10” contact print, made with a diy camera, on Foma film, using a brass lens with the lens cap as shutter and guessing the exposure! It’s turned out exceptionally well, also by his own admission, and in many ways, the whole journey chimes with my own which makes it all the more personal.

Great to see you back in the PE rounds, Tony, and many thanks for the print and the inspiration!

Regards,
Martin

Tony
Old 22nd November 2021, 07:14 PM
Friend

Posted my print today.
Frank
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies