Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 23rd November 2021, 06:03 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
Print gone this morning
And well received today.

Received a rather special print from Skellum today, beautifully printed on Art300 paper.
The photo shows one of the monuments of Glasgow Necropolis and the stairway leading to it.
It's taken with a Horizon Panoramic 202 camera in portrait mode, allowing for a large part of the stairway to be included in the frame, and at the same time showing the monument itself.

It's a dark and moody print, which is exactly how I would probably have tried to make the print myself if I were to print it.
Like yourself, with certain scenes I like to make a print to create a certain mood or feeling, rather than making it a "natural" print per se.
The texture of Art300 is very pleasing in this print.

I like it a lot, thank you Colin!
Old 23rd November 2021, 07:24 PM
Friend

Hello Sebastiaan.
Believe it or not there is an even gloomier version of this print, but I managed to restrain my self and send this one.
Thank you for the comments, I'll post it in the gallery shortly.
Old 26th November 2021, 01:39 PM
Friend

Printed a fortnight ago, my offering was finally put into the post yesterday - Thursday 25 November 2021.

Terry S
Old 27th November 2021, 05:16 PM
Friend

My prints were posted today.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 27th November 2021, 09:49 PM
Friend

Arrived this morning from PanFrank.
A photograph taken specifically for the exchange. It's a quiet, peaceful scene taken in a local park with autumn leaves covering the ground. Taken on Large Format and contact printed it's full of subtle mid-tones and shadow detail.
The print is also a colour I can't place: what paper is this Frank, and is it toned?
Many thanks,
Colin.
Old 28th November 2021, 06:17 PM
Friend

Hi Colin,
Thank you very much. Sorry, forgot to write the tech specs in the letter. Film was FP4+ in Tetenal Ultrafin (just trying now for rotating). I guess you cannot guess the paper, because it is not toned. :-)
It is Ilford MGV glossy. I am still at the beginning of contact printing. Enlarged, the print would have likely have more contrast. This print had finally grade 3, after trying grade 2 firstly.
Frank
Old 29th November 2021, 07:18 PM
Friend

Frank, this is Ilford MG V??
I would never have guessed. I use either FB Classic or FB Warmtone for my prints, but for contacts I use RC paper. To my shame I'll buy anything on offer. Currently it's some kind of Fomaspeed from AG's clearance page.
This MG V looks positively warm in tone. I've just compared it to some old MG IV RC contacts and they are much more neutral in tone. Which paper developer are you using?

Of course, you'll tell me it's the same Ilford MG dev I use, and surprise me even more.
Old 30th November 2021, 05:41 PM
Administrator

Sorry but mine is going to be a couple of days late hitting the post... Refurbishment has taken longer than expected (or rather, taken longer even than the amount longer I had allowed for...) and I only have previous prints on hand so need to make new ones. I'm in the rearranged and newly plumbed darkroom as I type but with toning etc it will be a couple of days to be ready to post

Hopefully things will go smoothly from now...
Old 30th November 2021, 07:36 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
Printed a fortnight ago, my offering was finally put into the post yesterday - Thursday 25 November 2021.
Terry S
Hi Terry,
Well received and highly enjoyable, not only in the cloudy and windy day we had today. The Crooked House is surely fun. This spinning wheel is marvellously framed drwas you in & up with this view and the cut edges.
Thanks & best wishes!
Frank
Old 30th November 2021, 07:40 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
Frank, this is Ilford MG V?? Of course, you'll tell me it's the same Ilford MG dev I use, and surprise me even more.
Hi Colin,
Yes MGV glossy, which replaced the Adox MCP as standard paper,because the latter is currently out of production. The paper developer saves our day now for us and always when I am usiing it. Of course, I am only using the best paper developer of the world. ;-) It's Moersch Eco 4812.
Cheers, Frank
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies