Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Meetings

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 24th November 2009, 08:51 PM
Friend

Default Peak District

Im planning a day in the Peak District on Monday 7th December. I'm intending to visit Bole Hill quarry with it's piles of millstones and Padley Gorge (if time and weather permits).

I'm travelling by train, and will be at Grindleford Station (at the bottom of Padley Gorge) at about 10:30.

Anyone interested in joining me?

Rob
Old 24th November 2009, 08:55 PM
Friend

Certainly.
Old 2nd December 2009, 09:12 AM
Friend

Last Saturday I made a rare safari into deepest darkest London. Whilst enjoyable this may have been an error on my part because I have now developed a virulent man-cold that has London Underground stamped within, and is, even as I type, mutating rapidly towards the more deadly killer form. It could well be that three days in the humid heat of a darkroom will banish the malaise, but experience makes me doubtful. Therefore it’s possible that I may have to miss the planned expedition to the high peaks on Monday. Please check the Sunday Times for my obituary.
Old 2nd December 2009, 06:15 PM
Friend

This week's or last week's?
Old 2nd December 2009, 09:14 PM
Friend

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Last Saturday I made a rare safari into deepest darkest London. Whilst enjoyable this may have been an error on my part because I have now developed a virulent man-cold that has London Underground stamped within, and is, even as I type, mutating rapidly towards the more deadly killer form. It could well be that three days in the humid heat of a darkroom will banish the malaise, but experience makes me doubtful. Therefore it’s possible that I may have to miss the planned expedition to the high peaks on Monday. Please check the Sunday Times for my obituary.
Sorry you're suffering, Dave, but if you will prefer the disease-ridden capital for the clean and bracing air of The Peaks you've only yourself to blame. We can only hope that you don't disappear into the darkroom and fail to come out! Hope you're better soon and keep sniffing the fixer!

I'm still going if anyone wishes to join me. PM me if you need directions or train times. Grindleford is on the line between Manchester and Sheffield.

Rob
Old 18th December 2009, 08:17 PM
Friend

Just to chear up those that didn't make it (that's anyone except me!). You missed a wonderful day of driving rain and virtually no light! I walked up through the quarries and made few expusures in the hour of bright(er) but overcast light there was, then went to the pub (Milstones, in Hathersage - very pleasant!)) before walking back to the station and going home on the 13:45 train, by which time it was starting to get dark! OTOH I did find some locations well worth revisiting. I plan on repeating the expedition some time in the spring, hopefully with better weather.

I'll be posting a couple of the few images I made in the 'meetings & workshos gallery ASAP

Rob
Old 18th December 2009, 09:06 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Archer View Post
Just to chear up those that didn't make it (that's anyone except me!). You missed a wonderful day of driving rain and virtually no light! I walked up through the quarries and made few expusures in the hour of bright(er) but overcast light there was, then went to the pub (Milstones, in Hathersage - very pleasant!)) before walking back to the station and going home on the 13:45 train, by which time it was starting to get dark! OTOH I did find some locations well worth revisiting. I plan on repeating the expedition some time in the spring, hopefully with better weather.

I'll be posting a couple of the few images I made in the 'meetings & workshos gallery ASAP

Rob
I look forward to seeing your pictures, and hopefully I shall be able to join you there in the Spring.
Old 18th December 2009, 11:00 PM
Friend

You may even see me there in the Spring - thanks for the update :-)

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 23rd February 2010, 08:55 AM
Friend

I visit the Peak District fairly often as it's only about an hours drive away (depending which part). It offers gorgeous scenery and picturesque villages; some lovely pubs too where you can enjoy a nice meal and a pint.
Old 24th February 2010, 08:44 AM
Friend

I'm sure you'll probably have already seen them, but these two websites are probably my favourites with regards to Derbyshire and the Peak District. They contain numerous links for all sorts of information:

http://www.derbyshire-peakdistrict.co.uk/index.htm

http://www.derbyshireuk.net/
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies