Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Sale or Wanted

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 15th March 2011, 06:24 PM
Friend

Default Silver Nitrate

I'm trying to rationalise my chemicals stock, clearing out things accumulated over the years that I don't believe I will ever use.

The main item that may be of interest to folk here is a large(ish) quantity of Silver Nitrate crystals which, given the dramatic price rise recently, would suit anyone engaged in 'alternative processes' on a budget.

It has been stored in the dark, in brown glass bottles. Some is in the form of large crystals and some are fine crystals. I'd rather see it used than sit on my shelf for years doing nothing.

The current going rate for 100g is about £100, I'm offering it for 65p a gram in quantities of 25g or more, plus postage and packing at cost.
The current 100g retail price is taken from Silverprint; their price for 25g is nearly £30, mine would be £16.25, but stocks are limited of course - I have around 300 grams in total.
Proceeds will be spent at Silverprint, stocking up on film and paper!

If anyone is interested then please send me a PM stating the kind of quantity you're interested in. I'll deal with requests on a first-come basis.

In addition, I also have around 900g of Acacia (Gum Arabic) and 800g of gelatine powder, if anyone is interested in those let me know also.
Old 16th March 2011, 06:25 PM
Friend

Quick update to say that half the silver nitrate has now been reserved, still a fair bit left if anyone is interested.

I also have enquiries for the acacia and gelatin, so that's no longer available.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies