Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Business Matters

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 9th December 2013, 08:46 PM
Friend

Default Site for selling images

I'm looking for a UK based website for selling Traditional Darkroom images anyone have any ideas.

Must be genuine with a track record and images/galleriesaccessible to the public.

Ian
Old 9th December 2013, 08:52 PM
Friend

I don't know about a track record Ian, but Ilford are or have just set up something of that type: I think it's called House Of Ilford.
Old 9th December 2013, 08:57 PM
Friend

http://www.clikpic.com/

I think quite a few people here use them. It's a UK business with UK IP numbers. Based in London.

I took a look at free trial a while back. It seems fairly decent and frankly quite cheap price I think, especially as it removes the need for a lot of messing about with web designers etc. And they DON'T take a cut if you sell an image.

Only downside I think is that you may be forced to use RipOffPal who will rip you off in the extreme. But then you'd be hard pushed to find one that didn't use RipOffPal.

Suggest you get people to contact you direct for sales and get them to do a bank payment from their Bank web interface direct to your bank. (assuming of course you make any sales )

Last edited by Argentum; 9th December 2013 at 09:12 PM.
Old 9th December 2013, 09:22 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
I don't know about a track record Ian, but Ilford are or have just set up something of that type: I think it's called House Of Ilford.
If I used only Ilford products it might be an option but it's their people anyway

I use Ilford film but I also use Foma and have reserves of Fortepan 200 and EFKE PL 25 & 100, plus I print on Forte and Foma papers . . . . . . . so I wouldn't be considered.

I'm looking for a genuine Traditional Photography website.

Ian
Old 9th December 2013, 09:29 PM
Friend

I don't remember them mentioning that it was Ilford Products only on the tour.... Not that they'd be able to enforce it anyway....
Old 9th December 2013, 10:49 PM
Friend

Isn't this what Marc had in mind and posted a thread to that effect here on FADU?

Mike
Old 10th December 2013, 08:01 AM
Friend

I was looking at House of Ilford a few days ago-
First, I think it's an 'invitation only' deal. There are relatively few photographers, and I didn't see an option to "sell your own photos here".
Next, I think it's a print on demand service. The customer picks the image they like, selects a size, and Ilford print it by lightjet (laser print on RC paper).
So, for one of use looking to sell a few prints I think it's a non-starter.
Might be wrong, of course, so try contacting Harman.
Old 10th December 2013, 03:55 PM
Friend

here you go...

http://www.lenskygallery.com/

all you got to do is convince them to let you in.

Any company trying to do this is not going to waste their time on work THEY don't consider saleable. So be prepared for rejection until you can find a gallery that appreciates your work.
Old 10th December 2013, 06:17 PM
Friend

Argentum - I had a look at the Lensky Gallery website and I'm afraid found the dreaded expression "giclée prints"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentum View Post
here you go...

http://www.lenskygallery.com/

all you got to do is convince them to let you in.

Any company trying to do this is not going to waste their time on work THEY don't consider saleable. So be prepared for rejection until you can find a gallery that appreciates your work.
Old 10th December 2013, 06:29 PM
Friend

Exactly, even the ones claiming to be something special are no better than having your own website. And that is not much use unless you have a name to go with it.
The route to print sales is through fame and fame is gained not through making print sales. Make yourself famous and you'll sell loads.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies