Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Locations > Great Britain

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 15th September 2010, 11:53 AM
Friend

Default Shropshire hills

We are at present for the first time, with our caravan in the Shropshire hills, to be exact the area called Stiperstones. If you have not been in this part of England before I can highly recommend it. The views are stunning with lots of beautiful light reflecting of the pastoral hilly countryside. For us the weather has not been entirely brilliant and I have not been able to uses my LF camera because of the strong wind, but I have been able to take quite a number of 35mm b&w shots and there is no doubt that we will be back here and perhaps earlier in the summer. From here it is only a short journey to the mid Welsh hills so you are spoilt for choice.
Old 15th September 2010, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Thanks Richard, I'll make a note to visit the area.
Old 15th September 2010, 07:41 PM
Friend

Thats somewhere I've been planning to visit for years but never got roand to it - perhaps a location for a future FADU weekend meet?

Rob
Old 16th September 2010, 06:45 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Archer View Post
Thats somewhere I've been planning to visit for years but never got round to it - perhaps a location for a future FADU weekend meet?

Rob
It looks like it could serve our purpose very well indeed.
Old 17th September 2010, 01:55 PM
Friend

I'd be interested to see your results Richard, it's only just over an hour from where I live and despite working in nearby Telford for a year I never explored the area.

Thanks

Steve
Old 17th September 2010, 03:28 PM
Friend

A nice part of the world for sure. A few years ago I stayed at the Stiperstones Inn which was quaint and very good value for money. There are extensive mining remains in the area.

RH Designs darkroom equipment : dalesphoto.co.uk
Old 18th September 2010, 06:31 PM
Friend

Glad you all found the post useful I managed to to take 2 rolls of 35mm 1 Ilford Pan 100 which I havn't yet processed and 1 for the first time in Adox CHS 50 this I shot at iso50 using most of the time a yellow filter, I have processed this and used the info from the Massive Dev Chart to do so in R09 at 1+40 for 9 mins in a Paterson tank, the negs look good but now I have to print them and as I have only just started on this marathon journey it will be quite a while before I get a print good enogh to post. The OS map for this area is Explorer 216 Welshpool & Mongomery.
Old 18th September 2010, 06:53 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardWarom View Post
Glad you all found the post useful I managed to to take 2 rolls of 35mm 1 Ilford Pan 100 which I havn't yet processed and 1 for the first time in Adox CHS 50 this I shot at iso50 using most of the time a yellow filter, I have processed this and used the info from the Massive Dev Chart to do so in R09 at 1+40 for 9 mins in a Paterson tank, the negs look good but now I have to print them and as I have only just started on this marathon journey it will be quite a while before I get a print good enogh to post. The OS map for this area is Explorer 216 Welshpool & Mongomery.
All prints are good enough to post here.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies