Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 2nd May 2016, 07:05 PM
Friend

the other problem is as film photography is getting more and more popular and more people want film cameras and no bugger makes new ones anymore (except the odd one or two)..the other one is medium format seems to be pulling good prices these days ,you can get good deals but you have to be on the ball all the time its the success of film at the end of the day, before I bid for something I always look at ffordes prices first sometimes its cheaper from them..

www.essexcockney.com
Old 2nd May 2016, 09:54 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by andycmcr View Post
yes noticed it as well, been looking on and off for a 6x6 med format and for anything worthwhile bidding on the prices have rocketed.
<cough> A Bronica SQ-Ai by any chance ?

http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.or...ad.php?t=10230
Old 3rd May 2016, 06:28 AM
Friend

I used to buy old discontinued paper on ebay, had some real bargains such as Jessops own brand (Agfa) but also some duffers, never buy any opened boxes. Recently seen a lot of Forte in opened packs for silly money.
Flea markets and car boot sales have brought up some things. Last summer on my local second hand market a Nikon F60 with 35-80 zoom, plastic lens but not bad for £10 the lot. The body looked new and still had the slip on the shutter warning against touching the blades. Autofocus is fast.
Couple of years ago same place an FM with MD12 and f1-4 50mm for £60, well hammered kit but the body is still going and someone gave me £25 for the lens.
Both dealers said you probably won't be able to get film for them anymore.
Old 3rd May 2016, 08:52 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulc View Post
<cough> A Bronica SQ-Ai by any chance ?

http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.or...ad.php?t=10230
will have a think, gutted missed out on a hasselblad 500c with 85mm lens plus back for £300!!
Old 3rd May 2016, 09:24 AM
Friend

Quote:
will have a think, gutted missed out on a hasselblad 500c with 85mm lens plus back for £300!!
I will be disposing of some 6x6 gear soon, all TLR though.
Old 3rd May 2016, 02:08 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulographic View Post
Both dealers said you probably won't be able to get film for them anymore.
Have I understood this correctly, Paul. Two camera dealers think that you cannot get 135 film any longer?

Any chance I might meet a similar car dealer who will sell me a very cheap Bugatti of about 1924 vintage because he doesn't think that you can get any spares for it

Mike
Old 3rd May 2016, 02:31 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
Have I understood this correctly, Paul. Two camera dealers think that you cannot get 135 film any longer?

Any chance I might meet a similar car dealer who will sell me a very cheap Bugatti of about 1924 vintage because he doesn't think that you can get any spares for it

Mike
These were just general second hand dealers who do flea markets and car boot sale venues.
I'm still waiting for a Leica or something equally tasty to turn up. I did find a 1930s FED copy of the Leica II in an Oxfam shop once, 75 pence. a tenner to get it serviced and it worked till I sold it fifteen years later.
I have seen similar dealers and "antique" shops ask silly money for knackered old 120 folders as they are in some quarters deemed "collectable".
Old 3rd May 2016, 07:54 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulographic View Post
I will be disposing of some 6x6 gear soon, all TLR though.
really dont mind a TLR, let us know what you have and prices, might be interested!

should have gone 6x6 instead when i got my pentax 645 but sort of just liked it when i got it
Old 4th May 2016, 07:30 AM
Friend

Quote:
really dont mind a TLR, let us know what you have and prices, might be interested!

should have gone 6x6 instead when i got my pentax 645 but sort of just liked it when i got it
I have a Yashica 124 kit, case, hood, supplementary lenses (one set with case caps and a hood) that I don't use now, I acquired a Mamiya C3 kit last year, which will go when I've had a good play with it.
I kept the Yashica to use up my stock of 220 film but found a rangefinder for that from another member which I prefer. The Mamiya doesn't take 220 but is so slow to use sometimes twelve exposure in a short shoot is enough.
If you just want a cheap and cheerful starter I also have a Microcord, my first 120 camera, that's been serviced since I've had it and not used a lot since getting the Yashica.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies